• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Not hot

So after harvesting all my pepperinos from the garden, I de seeded them with gloves and everything, and wanted to make something out of the remaining flesh. Turns out not ONE of the peppers is hot. They were all mature when harvested and most are ornamental, still I don't get how they can be not even a bit hot (The indoor ones of the same variety are very hot btw). Why did this happen?

I wonder if it has anything to do with "Light" spectrum. My Basil inside under my lights are stronger flavour then the ones outside ??? Lights are the only difference, same water and feed.

strange, usually my chillies are hotter outside than those in pots, especially inside.
My peppers are hot, some might even be hotter than last year when we've had unnatural amounts of rainy days.

Its been terrible the last few years here outside, hardly got enough to fill a cereal bowl. Much better now since I started them under full spectrum lights.
With the VERY weird weather globally (I do astronomy) the atmosphere has been very turbulent so light has been different in large areas, sounds weird but the sun has been a mess too with allot of flares.

Back