• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Official Review: Crazy Gringa Hot Sauce Jalapeño

Product Name: Crazy Gringa Hot Sauce Jalapeño

Style: Jalapeno pepper sauce

Manufacturer: Crazy Gringa Hot Sauce

Country of Origin: USA

Ingredients: Vinegar, Onion, Jalapeno Peppers, Poblano Peppers, Anaheim Peppers, Garlic, Jalapeno Powder, Olive Oil, Salt, Sugar, Xanthan Gum

Label/Packaging: I believe that this manufacturer is just starting up. The label only consists of the name and front panel picture. The back panel is devoid of ingredients, nutritional info, website, etc.

Appearance/Aroma: The appearance of the sauce is very smooth and a bit thin. The color is nice, kind of like the pureed peas that my baby eats. No seeds or spices are apparent. The aroma is fantastic. I can smell the cornucopia of mild peppers used, I also detect the garlic, and the vinegar is there too.

Jalapeno sauces used to be a dime a dozen, let's see if they still are...
Body of Review:
When I saw vinegar as the first ingredient, and saw the little dropper cap on the top, I expected a Tabasco green kind of sauce.  I am pleasantly surprised.  This sauce has immense flavor!  The mix of the peppers gives it a more complex taste than just jalapenos.  The poblanos and anaheims add a lot.  I can taste the garlic.  There is a good balance of salt and sweet to offset the tang of the vinegar.  The aftertaste I am left with is that of a good jalapeno potato chip, but fresher. 

The consistency of the sauce promises to be silky smooth, and it is.  It is not quite as runny as it looks.  I think the addition of the olive oil must help this, but there was zero separation when I picked up the bottle.

The heat is pretty mild, as I said.  There is a very light touch of it when you first taste it, but it fades immediately.  I suppose for a non-chilehead this might be considered medium, but for me there is nearly no heat.  Then again, I did not expect any.

Heat Level: 2

Applications: This sauce really shines with its versatility. I can totally see people pouring this all over eggs for breakfast. Personally, I loved it on tacos and pizza. It is a pouring sauce. You can use it like ketchup. For a new saucemaker, I am impressed.

Appearance Score: 4
Aroma Score: 5
Taste Score: 4.5
Mouthfeel Score: 5
Heat Accuracy Score: 4

Overall Score: 4.5

Notes: There really isn't anything bad to say about this sauce. It is refreshing in this age of the superhot to have a mild sauce that really shines. The only thing I would suggest is to possibly figure out a way to add a little more heat. Biker billy jalapenos maybe?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 70
Back