auction Orange Manzano / Dried Pod Auction - ends Wednesday 9 AM PST

Please show me pictures of the GIANT ones. :) I'm hooked!

Chris

Here is the 1st year Red Rocoto plant producing pods in a 5 inch container. It's now in a 15 gallon and ripening up 4 pods from the second flush. I'll post pod shots of that when they're ripe. This particular plant seems to be easiest 1st year pubescens I've grown. I'll send you and John some seeds in a week or two if you're interested.
IMG_9415.jpg

Hey there Laserguy,
I think these are some (other Red Rocoto) from a 2011 harvest:
IMG_9472.jpg

This is definately one from 2010:
IMG_8861.jpg

The seeds were originally from OrigamiRN. It's a large Rocoto with very thick flesh. I'll be moving the plant into 15 gallons for 2012

Zander were those orange/yellow manzanos from Beth (Peppermania)? I was wondering how they grow in comparison to other pubs and what I should do if I want pods first year. I might start my pubs with my super hots to give them a nice jump start.

Thanks!

Nope, my Orange Manzano came from a seed out of a pod purchased at a local market. If you want the earliest possible harvest I think you need to keep it in a small container and give it perfect conditions. It's just a theory, but I think the root restriction signals fruiting. If the conditions are not good (root bound, drought, pests) it won't work as well, maybe even delay the fruit.

Back