• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Paranomal guess: Is this a Ghost Pepper?

Hi!

Brand new to the forum and to growing peppers.

Long story short - popped unknown seeds into soil and wound up with:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2330]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2337]

So have I guessed correctly?  Is this of the ghost variety?

Don't nagas and habs smell/taste different too?  Beyond looks, those details could really help with identifying.
Why yes, they do! Good call!
what if she has never tasted nor smelled a hab variety? wishing we had smellavision technology just for the pepperid section.

regardless of what they turn out to be both are very hardy pepper plants and both are good producers. i killed off my c/r at the end of the 2013 season as they were 5 years old and slowed in their  producing power, so i started 2 more for the 2014 season. 3 of my dorset nagas have overwintered a couple of years now, so i didn't need anymore but will whacking them at the end of this season and replacing them for 2015.

not trying to confuse the lady but here are my pod pics, hopefully it will help guide you to a correct id:
first pic is caribbean red, second is dorset naga.

This whole pepper growing thing took me by suprise - and I'm a complete novice at this.  The closest Ive come to taste testing is watching my husband sweat like a bad girl in church when he "enjoys" foods with hot peppers.  I did not believe those canned seeds that were 5+ yrs old would have grown into anything that might be identifiable, now let alone ediable! 

When my hubby made some salsa, he used one small pepper (minus the seeds) to season a gallon bowl and it was very hot but usable for a pot luck.

I recently processed 9 peppers for toaster oven drying and was overcome by fumes during the cutting process.

In looking at your photos above, the naga photo is more of a match.  The skin on my peppers are not smooth.

I guess I am most interested in finding out what this is because I would like to one day be part of the farmer's market selling scene and be wise about what I'm working with.

Might try the fololowing.   Look at the members list and do a search on members from this list that live in Hawaii, you might find someone who lives near you and can help yopu identify what you have grown.

Just a possible option

Back