• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Passow's Review of Blair's Jersey Death

"Ingredients: Red habanero pods, cayenne chilies, white vinegar, natural pepper flavor (contains soybean oil), tomato puree, pirri-pirri chilies, pumpkin seed, lime juice, salt, spices..."

This one is H-O-T! I'm very accustomed to eating scorching hot peppers, but this sauce caught me off guard. After installing the cool Blair Skull onto my keychain(they give you a free keychain for every bottle) I opened it up and dabbed a little on my finger. 3 minutes after sampling the sauce, my hands were shaking. My forehead was soaked and I had a huge adrenaling rush going on. I ended up getting rid of the energy by running around the front lawn(must have looked really funny to the neighbors).

My next test after the finger dab was to put it on my burrito. I make three rows of dots of Jersey Death, covered it with tomato paste, cheese, and meat. Half way through the thing, my mouth was burning. Three fourths the way through, I had to stop and take a break. I leaned back in my bean bag, closed my eyes and road the endorphin rush.

First off, I am a mouth surfer and love to ride the endorphin wave. I have had many a rush but this was the best. I've never had a more pleasant, euphoric rush in my life. It left me feeling so alive and blissed out, which I guess that's why Blair's slogan is "Feel Alive".

The over all packaging is great and I really love the skull logo. The two different stars in his eyes really gives one a hint of what is to come after eating this sauce.

Also, I noticed in the ingredients, there appears "..." at the end. I wonder why this is?

chuk hell said:
Who's Passow? Where's that from?
That's me(Jonathan Passow) and that's from various places(100% German born in Cleveland, Ohio now living and posting on the hot pepper forum from Hollywood, CA). ;)

Did you think it was a type of hot sauce or something?

imaguitargod said:
this sauce caught me off guard. After installing the
Me too! I was with friends, and someone told me to try it. I shook it all over my rice dish, thinking it was hot, but not insane! I then starting taking normal size bites... and :mouthonfire: and then... :cry:

:shocked:

Of course, I love it!

So, I took my bottle of JD to BJ's Brewary(where I spend most of my time...) and was having the bartenders and cooks try it out. It provided MUCH entertainment watching them throughout the night sweeting and drinking mass quantities of water.

Then I had another regular, Gus, try it. Gus is from Mexico(not to be confused with California :twisted: ) and I figured he could take the heat. We got a plate and I put three large dots of JD on it. We both tried one dot each. He sat there for about 20 seconds and said, "That's good.". A minutes latter he still is fine. I tell him to try the third dot. He does, with no sweet on his brow or anything. My mouth just dropped. This guy's heat tolerance must be through the roof! So I sold the bottle to him for $15(made about a $3 profit).

I met up with him the other day and he regaled me with a story. One of his friends stopped over his place when he wasn't home and made some Romman Nooddles. Thinking that the Jersey Death was something like Tapatio hot sauce, he poured it all over his noodles. Gus received a phone cal from the guy swearing up and down how his mouth was on fire and calling Gus a jerk for having something that hot in his house. lol!!!

About a tablespoon or so in a small bowl of salsa with melted cheese makes a nice dip with a little heat.

Too bad I don't have a 'more icons' button though

tinner666 said:
Too bad I don't have a 'more icons' button though
Just click reply instead of quick reply. Quick reply has less options.

imaguitargod said:
So, I took my bottle of JD to BJ's Brewary(where I spend most of my time...) and was having the bartenders and cooks try it out. It provided MUCH entertainment watching them throughout the night sweeting and drinking mass quantities of water.

Then I had another regular, Gus, try it. Gus is from Mexico(not to be confused with California :P ) and I figured he could take the heat. We got a plate and I put three large dots of JD on it. We both tried one dot each. He sat there for about 20 seconds and said, "That's good.". A minutes latter he still is fine. I tell him to try the third dot. He does, with no sweet on his brow or anything. My mouth just dropped. This guy's heat tolerance must be through the roof! So I sold the bottle to him for $15(made about a $3 profit).

I met up with him the other day and he regaled me with a story. One of his friends stopped over his place when he wasn't home and made some Romman Nooddles. Thinking that the Jersey Death was something like Tapatio hot sauce, he poured it all over his noodles. Gus received a phone cal from the guy swearing up and down how his mouth was on fire and calling Gus a jerk for having something that hot in his house. lol!!!

Say... Dya think that keeping the JD in the Tequila bottle will keep the teens out of the liquor cabinet?

Mullet - I prefer the term "Hockey Hair". I used to rock a mullet back in the day. Great stuff! I have a picture laying around somewhere. Maybe, just maybe I'll post it one of these days and give you all a fright!

Dan@BLP Labels said:
Mullet - I prefer the term "Hockey Hair". I used to rock a mullet back in the day. Great stuff! I have a picture laying around somewhere. Maybe, just maybe I'll post it one of these days and give you all a fright!
Post it sometime...in the mean time, I'll scare you with mine(from about 5 years ago)...

finalmullet1.jpg

It later grew out of my lip...
passowstache1.jpg

imaguitargod said:
Post it sometime...in the mean time, I'll scare you with mine(from about 5 years ago)...

finalmullet1.jpg

It later grew out of my lip...
passowstache1.jpg

"Hockey hair"? We're still giggling over the fact that California turned Disney's movie into a real hockey team.

Which kinda makes me wonder... How come none of the Southern US cities bothered to name their hockey teams after hot peppers?

Can you see it... The Fort Worth Jalapenos, or maybe the Alburqurque Habaneros?

Blair's Jersey Death

Sure its going to make you sweat but how is the flavor to this sauce? Is it like Megadeath where all you taste is extracts?

Cheers,

Back