• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper Identification help

Howdy from unseasonably sunny Montreal!

I've got a handful of fatali, bhut and regular old hab plants, but I have no idea what this thing is:

WP_000305-1.jpg

I grew it from seed, and it's supposed to be another fatali, but it looks nothing like anything else I've got growing...any ideas?

Thanks,

I got bought the seeds from peppergal.com, and everything else is exactly as advertised. It's possible I mislabeled it when I was planting out, but none of my other peppers look like it...

It's not that rare to find a crossed seed in a packet of them.

It looks like a Fatalii/Bell pepper cross of some kind to me. Have you tasted one yet? Be awesome if you could get Fatalli flavor from it.

looks like the red fataliis I ended up with. My plants are loaded with green pods looking like that. when ripe I taste Fatalii and a hint of Hab...a very faint hint of hab. Still has the Fatalii heat. I almost think the burn is more spread around. From what I have been able to come across here and elsewhere about capsaicinoids I believe the hab adds some to the fatalii genetic mix giving it a broader spreading burn. Still love pure(and yellow) Fatalii's for their flavor and centralized burn.

Back