• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper in a Can??

The packaging said ghost pepper but I don't think that is right. I imagine it is a type of Habanero but the "flesh" is thinner then Habs I have grown in the past. It also started getting fruit after being outside only 70 days.  Good heat but tasty and bearable.  Thanks

15054106135_a0dec8e475_o.jpg

jsschrstrcks said:
one of a million pheotypes of orange habanero I would say.

sorry it didn't grow true. the ghost in a can is kind of gimick-y. Would you like some OP ghost seeds that I grew out a couple years back?

A christmas present  :doh: to someone who they know loves growing peppers. I was expecting to bring it inside and see if I could get results next year as I know it is a long season pepper variety. My expected 3 habaneros which I purchased have morphed into 11 as I have 3 more of these in the garden and 4 plants from a local nursery that were marked as Tabasco that also were also Habanero. What has me wondering is that these "ghost peppers" start out a much lighter shade of green.

I appreciate the seed offer and will keep you in mind if I decide to give them a go again next year. How does the seed exchange work? I have heard that a true ghost is all about heat. Any other flavorful varieties you could recommend I look into?

I'm glad my search at least led me to this site. Lots of good information and discussion.

Thanks

Back