spirits Pepper Vodka?

I saw this on Guy's Big Bite on Food Network...

Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
Put peppers into jar and top with your favorite Vodka (I tried Smirnoff and also Stolichniya). Tighten cap, duh. I used a 1 quart orange juice bottle that I had washed out.
Place in the refridgerator for a week.

I tried it and it worked pretty good with some peppers last summer, but I was using wuss peppers, jalapenos, serranos, bulgarian carrots, stuff like that. Made one hell of a bloody mary with just a dash of worchester sauce into the tomato juice and topped with the Vodka.

I did the same thing with bhut jolokias and vodka last fall, and i still have a 5 oz bottle of that stuff with my name on it in my fridge. The liquid has taken an orange hue...not sure what that would mean for my insides if I decided to take a shot, but probably nothing pleasant. Did some with Charleston Hot Cayennes as well, and used it to make some vodka alla penne last month. It was a pretty damn good meal with just the right amount of spice to where my girlfriend could still eat it. I will probably be doing more vodka chile pepper infusions this coming season.

I'd like to do a Fatali vodka, but I don't have fresh ones yet. I can only imagine how good a vodka cream sauce made from infused vodka would be. Straight shots wouldn't be bad either I'm sure :)

straight shots.. hurt... i'm making extracts using everclear and jolokias, and another one with 7pots.. took a shot of the 7pot....after paying homage to the porcelien throne i was in the fetal postion for an hour or so :-p

I make a similar thing with tequila, then stick it in freezer & it's ice-cold & a tiny bit thick when you serve it....really great with a nice pot of Chile Verde!

3 fatalii's, holes poked in them, and has been sitting for almost 4 months

the stuff is seriously stupid hot, i mean hot hot hot ruin your evening hot

peppervodka.jpg

I have done this the Tito's Texas Vodka, used cut up orange Habs and cut up garlic. Gives a Bloody Mary a nice twist.

There is also a Vodka called Inferno Vodka that came with a pepper already in it.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

what do you guys think will taste better for infusing with Fataliis? Bacardi 151, or Vodka? Kind of planing on doing flaming chili shots so the 151 would work.

Any suggestions for high proof Vodka?

hmm... let me try this.... fatalii.... vodka..... fatalii..... rum......

Yeah, go with the vodka, though I prefer tequila and fatalii.

hmm... let me try this.... fatalii.... vodka..... fatalii..... rum......

Yeah, go with the vodka, though I prefer tequila and fatalii.

I'm going to start playing around with dried bhuts, in different spirits. The plan in my mind, is to at least have a high proof spirit so it can be lit. :hell: :beer:

I saw this on Guy's Big Bite on Food Network...

Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
Put peppers into jar and top with your favorite Vodka (I tried Smirnoff and also Stolichniya). Tighten cap, duh. I used a 1 quart orange juice bottle that I had washed out.
Place in the refridgerator for a week.

I tried it and it worked pretty good with some peppers last summer, but I was using wuss peppers, jalapenos, serranos, bulgarian carrots, stuff like that. Made one hell of a bloody mary with just a dash of worchester sauce into the tomato juice and topped with the Vodka.
I tryed the same thing but with ghost peppers about 6 or 7 it is awesome.

How long does this last? Does there come a point where it goes "bad"? If i slice a few supers and stick em in a bottle of vodka how long will it keep? Fridge? Counter?

How long does this last? Does there come a point where it goes "bad"? If i slice a few supers and stick em in a bottle of vodka how long will it keep? Fridge? Counter?
The spirit will preserve the peppers and prevent any spoilage.

I have a few bottles 9+ months old, with several pods in each, still safe in the liquor cabinet.

Should be fine for many years.

-Peter

Back