• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Pepperfreak is in d'house

Howdy all, long time no chat. For those of y'all that might have forgotten me, I'm a pepperfreak from Ohio called Pepperfreak. It seems like so long since I last stopped by to chat and that has been my fault. However, in all honesty, this summer has been insane and my head is spinning from the whirlwind that this summer has caused. I am also sitting here in disbelief that this is really Sept. 8th, where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday I returned to work after my second surgery and it was the end of May...WOW!

As some of you may know, I began a project this summer of refurbishing my home and what a project that has been. While still on injury leave, I hired a contractor to replace a bunch of rotten cedar shake siding, repair damaged eaves and fascia boards. Then we had the home stained, which is the first time in 20 years that this home has seen stain as I'm told by the neighbors (I've only been here for 6 years btw). Well, unfortunately I couldn't afford to either wrap ALL of the trim and windows in aluminum or have them professionally painted, so that daunting task was left for me. Holy shit was that a huge task and I'm still not done! I think I managed to get 90% of the trim and windows painted before it got too hot to be outside and luckily the weather is cooling down, so back up the ladder I go. In the mean time, I also pressure washed our deck and garage and stained both of them. I am proud to say that the old hacienda is looking mighty fine now. I just can't wait to finish!

With all of this work I have been focusing on doing around the house, my poor garden has been suffering some embarrassing neglect. However, despite this neglect, it has still been providing me with peppers. I have had an abundance of Jalapeño, Hungarians and Giant Anaconda Peppers. So much so that I have been able to stock up the freezer with stuffed peppers AND fill 2 whole shelves full of canned peppers. I tried a new recipe this year for making pickled jalapeños. I picked up a pack of Mrs. Wages Bread and Butter pickle mix and tried that with the jalapeños and must say that I can eat a whole jar like candy :) NJA, if you are reading this, please PM me with your current address as some of the peppers I planted for you are starting to ripen and I may have a package for you in a few days. However, most of my super-hots this year seems to be struggling for some reason. I don't know if it is all my fault or a combination of the extremely hot and dry weather we had this year, but I have been getting some. For all of my peeps that enjoy my Fatali Powder, those plants just don't seem to be producing a lot of pods this year and I have yet to have a good harvest, so I don't know if I'll have enough to make powder this year or not. It will all be up to the next month or so. We'll see.

I look forward to seeing y'all around the board.

Peace.

It is great to be back, I have missed you all. I am starting to feel a celebration later on tonight in the drinking threads. :D

Here is some eye candy for you to feast on. Just picked today.

Jolokia, Chocolate Jolokia, Fatali and Tepin
DSCF4247.jpg

Yes sir, good to see back here Paul. I've noticed the same thing with my plants lately that my habaneros, nagas, and fatalii here are going gangbusters while everything else is way behind this year. The heat and weather patteren plays a huge role in what peppers perform the best each year. The three peppers I mentioned all have smaller pods and are typical high yeilders, my superhots have been struggling for some reason here also. :welcome: back.

PRF, I'm not glad to hear that you are having the same experience with this years growing season, however, it does make me feel better to know that it isn't all my fault. I have felt bad and guilty for not having much time to pamper my plants this year as I have in the past.

Thanks THP. BTW why is there so much dust in the Smashed for life thread? Looks like last post was Sept 2nd. Don't tell me y'all gave up drinking. :lol:

Welcome back, man!

If you been back at work and have been working around the house, I take it the surgery was a success then...? :dance:

Welcome back, man!

If you been back at work and have been working around the house, I take it the surgery was a success then...? :dance:
Her surgery was a success. She goes by Pauline now.

Back