• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

pepperproblem's 2013 grow log.

OK, I hope this is intresting to someone. My 1st attempt to share a season. I have not got the whole list done and I have just starting sowing this week. I have layed out about 300 seeds so far. Maybe another 300 today. At 4-5 days into it, I have a good number of sprouts. 3 types of wilds, some C. chinense, a Rocoto or two, and something else. I will get some pics together to show the grow spaces etc in the next day or so.

Capsicum galapagoense
gal2_zpsa044f8b8.jpg

Getting the 1st batch ready.
sowing1_zps3b868eb1.jpg

Part of last years patch not quite half way thru the year.
test7093_zps16795c37.jpg

I had paths, but everthing overgrew. Hopefully better planning this year.
flowers010_zps6bc97e0b.jpg

Rocotos
test17024_zpsa3dc7528.jpg

Pics from 2012
7pody006_zpsf82db331.jpg

dug2_zpsf6dc2b9a.jpg

browns003_zpscd51f1a5.jpg

One of my contest giveaways. More coming, I hope.
test33a057_zpsc8c334a6.jpg

You get the idea. Its a problem I have. lol
test33a021_zpsd7ff185f.jpg

Nice looking seedlings!! Your light setup looks really good too! Good list of peppers! I am getting my ground outside worked in too on Monday. Your haul from last year looks amazing what a harvest!! Best of growing this year to you!!

Thank you Fire Eater101. I think I filled that table 6 or 7 times. I really need to powder the peppers in my freezer and clear space. Things are starting to move quicker and I really need to think ahead. I might build a little ghetto greenhouse for I can get the little guys out and cut the electric bill some. I wish you a great year too! pp

I got the overwinters in the ground. Nightime lows are above 50 now. Days mostly cloudy and in the mid 60s. Not super exciting, but here is a pic.
plot20021_zps769afccd.jpg

Some Rainforest (Bacc) have started popping up in a new tray after 3 -4 days. If you have not tasted a Rainforest pepper give it a try. Its not a Super, but it sure taste good. I have found The Reaper, 7 Pod SR, Jays Ghost and a few wilds to be the slowest for me.Taking about 10-12 days. Some wilds are still lagging, but popping up.

99% done. Tray one.
plot20011_zps94f3966d.jpg

Shawn just caught up, don't know how I missed before. A few random thoughts from WG laptop:
  • Love dat Galapagoense picture, very very nice!
  • I had seen last years patch via your last glog or one of your pm’s, can’t recall but excellent grow mon!
  • Fantastic harvests you had, CA seems like a great place to grow ^_^
  • What else you mixing in dat soil besides Kelp and didn’t know it was an illegal harvest off the beach … funny you see loads of vids about it on the net and some even sell it. I would understand if someone was out diving to chop up the Kelp forest … only in CA :/
  • Mind boggling list ;)
  • Field of OW’s picture looks cool how dem all lined up like swells stacking … soon come an explosive growth of leaves … den the beautiful pods \o/
  • Great starters!!!
  • I don’t know how you find the time to grow with all that surf or work for that matter, hehe … Everything looking out of this world, keep up the great pics & grow!
Next time you out, “Catch A Wave” for me bro, been a few weeks since we’ve had anything nice … but seems something will be rolling in now ^_^

»» Foobar2k ::: The Beach Boys - Beach Boys - 20 Good Vibrations, The Greatest Hits (Volume 1) (1999) - 07 - Catch A Wave ::: 0:08/2:19 (•••••••••••) ::: 434 kbps ««

Hey PP, I posted this ? awhile back and I guess something messed up,so here we go again. How much room do you have for all the new starts? That is a huge and diverse list! Digging your interest in the wilds too!

Hey PP, I posted this ? awhile back and I guess something messed up,so here we go again. How much room do you have for all the new starts? That is a huge and diverse list! Digging your interest in the wilds too!
Sorry if I did not get back. I have a 800sq ft patio off my room for the rarer stuff. The 18x18 block for the overwinters, the side of the house has full Sun and now I have the landlords Ok to use more space. I might Bonsai some just to make room. I do not think I can do 500 full size plants. I will see, I might go vertical on racks. I have about 500 cells started with more on the way. Either it will be epic or a epic fail or flameout. lol I will attempt to update the new sprouts in a day or two. Looks good so far.Thanks for asking. Cap 1530 popping up. Big deal to me!

Shawn just caught up, don't know how I missed before. A few random thoughts from WG laptop:
  • Love dat Galapagoense picture, very very nice!
  • I had seen last years patch via your last glog or one of your pm’s, can’t recall but excellent grow mon!
  • Fantastic harvests you had, CA seems like a great place to grow ^_^
  • What else you mixing in dat soil besides Kelp and didn’t know it was an illegal harvest off the beach … funny you see loads of vids about it on the net and some even sell it. I would understand if someone was out diving to chop up the Kelp forest … only in CA :/
  • Mind boggling list ;)
  • Field of OW’s picture looks cool how dem all lined up like swells stacking … soon come an explosive growth of leaves … den the beautiful pods \o/
  • Great starters!!!
  • I don’t know how you find the time to grow with all that surf or work for that matter, hehe … Everything looking out of this world, keep up the great pics & grow!
Next time you out, “Catch A Wave” for me bro, been a few weeks since we’ve had anything nice … but seems something will be rolling in now ^_^

»» Foobar2k ::: The Beach Boys - Beach Boys - 20 Good Vibrations, The Greatest Hits (Volume 1) (1999) - 07 - Catch A Wave ::: 0:08/2:19 (•••••••••••) ::: 434 kbps ««
Ramon, hows it? Surf is Spring like. So, so. Room mate had a baby seal climb onto his board a few days ago. Maybe Whitey was swimming by. lol. I added various brands of organic compost.soil builders/ferts/kelp etc. to the overwinters soil. My new stuff will be in containers away from creatures upstairs on the patio. My 1st tray had every type sprout. What a sight!. All the cells with plants. Wilds, crosses, the whole deal. Cool. Hey, stop putting so many shots of your tasty food on your glog. I end up in the kitchen every time I check it!

Cool man, you will like the 1530,the plant has a sweet earthy scent to me. Curious to see what you think. I'm sure you can come up with 2 paragraphs describing the odor in great detail. haha After this season we will have to do some trading.

Cool man, you will like the 1530,the plant has a sweet earthy scent to me. Curious to see what you think. I'm sure you can come up with 2 paragraphs describing the odor in great detail. haha After this season we will have to do some trading.
Yep, I will mail you some pods for you enjoyment. Thanks Ps. Golf season is here for you now? I used to be a 3-4 handicap. Don't play anymore, but might start back. Peace, pp

This is what has sprouted so far. I started some sweets and new stuff. They are starting to show up to the party.

Butch XX-- from Butch
Ice Scream
Rocoto Inca
Infinity X Black Naga #2
Trinidad Scorp. Chocolate, New Strain
Bolivian Enormous Rocoto
Turbo Pube
Primo Yellow
Infinity X Black Naga #1
Bih Jolokia Light Green
Primo, from Primo's mother plant.
Fatalii Cream
Bubblegum 7 Pod
Big Naga Momma Yellow
Mako Akokosrade
Majah Black Moruga X Bhut
Rocoto San Isidro
Rocoto Pisac
Hab/Manzano X (?)
Pimenta da Neyde
Moruga Blend
7 Pod White
Orange Bhut
Primo Orange
Faria
Mata Frade
Brown Egg
Green Habanero
Yellow Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Foodarama Scotch Bonnet
7 Pod Brain Strain
Yellow 7 Pod X Yellow Scorp.
Infinity
Moruga Yellow
Mako Kokoo
c. microcarpum
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Papa Joe's Scotch Bonnet
Kpakpo Shito
Peach Scorp.
Pitanga Amarella
Trinidad Scorp. Yellow
Brain Strain Yellow
Jamaican Long Scotch Bonnet
Rocoto Brown
c. galapagoense
c. rhomboideum
V.Viper
Butch T Miss.
Reaper
Hawaii Beach Pepper
Jays Ghost Red
Guadalupe Black
T.Scorp. Green
Yaki Hybrid
Mako Kokoo
Trepaderia Werner
Yellow Douglah
Phiringa Jolokia
Maya x Bhut Carbon
Bhut x Scorp.x Jalapeno
Ceiro Recife
Naranja Picante
CGN 21500
Choc. Senegal
T.S. Moruga Yellow
Yellow T.S. S.R.
Infinity
7 Pod S.R.
7 Pod Burgundy
T.S. Yellow
Choc. Bhut
Peach Bhut
Brown Egg
Red Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Choc. Moruga HIXS
T.S. Moruga Yellow
Buzz
Zanahoria Triangulo
Cajamarca
T.C. Choc. Congo
Purple Bhut
Hand Grenade #1
Hand Grenade #2
7 Pod Orange/Yellow
Madame Jeanette
7 Pod SR x Douglah
Scotch Bonnet Choc.
Pimenta Moranga
Rain Forest
Turks Cap
El Oro de Equador
Aji Pinga de Perro
Aji Dulce
Aji Chombo
Pimenta Rosa do Acres
Pimenta di Senise
Ancient Sweet
Crvena Fererona
Yellow Thai
Devils Tongue White
T. Congo Red
Lanceolatum
Cardenasii
Rocoto Rio Hualaga Orange
Rocoto San Isidro
Rocoto Bolivian Enormous
Bhut Orange Co.
Rennie
African Gambia
Yellow 7 Pod x Y. Scorp.
Yaki

Some of these are multi plantings from different sources of the same type, for comparison of phenotypes. pp

Nice work on the lance! Golf season never ends here. As long as there is no snow on the ground we play.I have played when the temps were in mid teens. My last official index was 3.5 a couple years ago. I dipped under that a few times in my younger days but never got to scratch which was my goal. That is basically impossible if you work for a living haha. I've trashed a relationship or 4 and lost a couple $ playing. Growing chile's is much more relaxing!!!

Worlds Best Landlord

I moved into a new place a few months back. Mainly because the landlord is a good friend of mine and a upstanding human being. Well he is now bitten by the pepper bug. I let him try sauces, powders and peppers. My overwintered patch gets filtered sun midmorning from a large Magnolia tree. My landlord planted it 35 years ago. He asked me about the shaded sun's effects on the overwinters, and I said, "it is not perfect, but good enough. "
So I come home today and he is climbing the tree and chopping it down!!! The patch now has full, all day sun. Speechless.
treetimming0081_zpsb4374ef9.jpg

You can see the patch in the background.
treetimming0101_zpsa938a093.jpg

Hi, I am going to do some tests now with Root Riots vs Rapid Rooters. My 1st four, 98 cell trays were RR. I am going to play around now since I over did it again, so its research time. I am also going to try some Green Pad CO2 pads in the experiments.
rootriot0021_zpsbce7b120.jpg

rootriot0011_zpsd2cfeef0.jpg

Seedlings are young, but here is a few pics anyway. I am a picture kind of guy.
sprouts5502011_zpsce2c7065.jpg

A hybrid of a hybrid.... Yaki Hybrid
sprouts550151_zpsb08fc65f.jpg

Rhomboideum
sprouts550011_zps3b99377b.jpg

Until something else happens. Thanks for looking.

Amazing list you got there! I'd like to see the results you get with those rapid rooters, root riot and that CO2 pad. I never tried any of those.

I hope you have that same "problem " this year :D.

,Vegas

Back