• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

pH pH Meters/Test Kits

I'll gladly be a guinea pig for ya Phil and would love to try out some of your sauce for dang sure!!

Just guessing that SalsaLady might be one of the pros though ;)

You know the drill. Like I told Scovie, I want to pH test it before I send it out.... just to make sure. After I deem it safe, I'll be glad to send it out to you. Token of appreciation for the help! And.... ahem.... might I add... it's frackin' TASTY for amateur sauce! I'd use mine before I use Tabasco brand! My lady even kept pouring it on her beans!

I just need to get my dad to give me a thumbs up. He's terrified of my peppers! He thinks everything's going to be evil hot! lol!

Yes sir! Completely understand.
I have the same problem with my peppers/food... Anytime I offer anyone something they ask me how hot it is :)
I hope that meter works out for ya since I bought the same one. Hopefully I'll be able to use mine and return the flavor;)

I'm a coonass cajun. We go for flavor first, hot second. I want the heat noticeable and enough to make ya sweat and smack you in the mouth a bit, but the flavor has to stand out, too. I got no use for those pure capsaicin sauces. I'll just suck on a hot poker instead. I'll send you flavor de la Louisianne, friend!

And just so ya know, I drink tabasco by the shot. So yes.... mine will be hotter than that

I bought 2 of these

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Digital-PH-009-Multimeter-Tester/dp/B005DWGR20/ref=sr_1_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1361256784&sr=1-2&keywords=ph+meter

Went to my hydro store and got calibrating solution and storage solution. Cut a piece of foam and put it in the cap, impregnated it with storage solution and store them that way. I calibrate them once every couple uses and I also have the drops and I compare them to what the drops show and it is always spot on. Calibration goes off a little after a couple of uses but so far I haven't had one die yet. Bought 2 just in case one did die but for the price, I will keep buying them and they work fine. Look exactly like the $30 Milwaukee one and I bet they all come out of the same plant in China.

Just what I use.

Back