• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pictures of the grow op and a question

Hey gang,

Thanks a million for answering my many questions over the last couple months - this forum rocks :)  Here are a couple pictures of my stuff I wanted to share with you all - no one understands my excitement at the house so I have to share it with people who appreciate it ;)

Scorps and reapers.

The rest of the gang.

Buds coming in.

I've got a few plants with pods forming - tiny ones but they are there.  My question is since some of the plant started producing flower buds at small sizes ( 8" ) I've been clipping them off.  I live in Toronto and my season is fairly short.  To ensure I get decent number of pods come Sept/Oct when should I stop clipping the buds?  I've been dosing with nitrogen ferts hoping the bud production would stop but they just keep pumping them out...  most of my plants are about 1 - 1.5 feet tall, branching out and growing nicely.  I have 2 of each - reapers, scorps, 7pots, nagas, jholokia, wiri wiri.

Thanks again for everything :dance:

The supers are gonna need about 2 months sometimes a bit more to get in the swing of letting off ripe pods all the time. With your season closing in I wouldn't touch them from here on out. Let em set and ripen, you don't want to wait too long and let the cold ruin it all for ya.

Great looking plants you got there.  I too agree, just let them go and do what they will.  I am in southern Manitoba and had not pinched a bud on my peppers.

Back