• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Please enjoy Labor Day for me...

because I can't. In Virginia, they don't believe in Labor Day. I'll be in the lab doing research and teaching.

To further illustrate my point, when the school (Virginia Tech) decided they needed to give a day off in the Fall semester because they wanted to make Martin Luther King Jr. Day a holiday (becuase the fall and spring semesters should have the same number of days), they chose COLUMBUS DAY as the holiday. FREAKING COLUMBUS DAY!!! Oh well, with global warming and all, Columbus Day weather will probably be more like Labor Day weather so I should still be able to grill.

dreamtheatervt said:
because I can't. In Virginia, they don't believe in Labor Day. I'll be in the lab doing research and teaching.

I'll be doing Other People's Work. ~fume~

I was supposed to have Labor Day off, but they fired a couple of people, and a couple more who are supposed to work holidays are on vacation.

So, I get to bend over without the benefit of K-Y.

Let's thank all the mothers out there that went into labor producing us......what? What do you mean Labor Day isn't about that? Oops! Sorry!

Pam said:
So, I get to bend over without the benefit of K-Y.
: hands Pam some K-Y gelly :

I worked today also (also saturday) but it was my choice, because I have jobs that need to get done & more coming (lined up) & hunting season is right around the corner :cheers: then work hours are subject to change at will :lol:

Back