• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

possible scam craigslist?

i was looking on craigslist just to look around and i found a ad selling a large ghost pepper plant for 65 dollars but the peppers look nothing like my ghost peppers i dont know if maybe thats how some ghost pepper pods look.has anyone grown ghost peppers like that?

Same plants.

Live Worlds Hottest Chile Pepper Plants, The Bhut Jolokia known as The Ghost Peppers. I have the first plants of the season. I started them from seeds from my plants grown locally here in Cypress, Ca. I believe these seeds and plants are acclimatized for this area. I started the seeds in early February. They are in 8 oz. cups. Get them now. Come early to get the choice plants. I only have Red and Yellow Bhut Jolokias/Nagas. They will increase in price as they grow. I have over 50 plants as of April 17. Pictures with measuring tape were taken April 23rd. Local pick up only..
1 - plant = $7
2 -plants=$5 each
pots with two plants in one pot =$10 per pot
plants in five gallon buckets=$20
1/2 oz. 100% Imported Bhut Jolokia Pepper Powder in a shaker= $5
dehydrated whole Bhut Jolokia Peppers= .20 cents each
one pound of ground 100% Imported Bhut Jolokia Pepper Powder= $30

The Hot Pepper said:
Very silly to buy a $5 plant when you know it's from the same seeds as the one you know is not a ghost pepper!

The person is probably misinformed. Maybe he could use a friendly tip.
i currently have ghost peppers but i just wana try and grow this plant and find out what it is its just 5 bucks i just wana meet this guy and evaluate if he is just misinformed or scamming and pass on a frendly tip

Just print yourself a couple of sheets of these - and pay him for all the plants you want.

monopoly-money-five-dollar.png

newpeppergrower1105 said:
i currently have ghost peppers but i just wana try and grow this plant and find out what it is its just 5 bucks i just wana meet this guy and evaluate if he is just misinformed or scamming and pass on a frendly tip

This is a very good way to go about it, if he has bad intentions, no friendly advice is going to matter, if he is just misinformed he will probably be glad to know. He might not like the bad news at first, but if he is an honest businessman he would want to know.

Back