• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question!

home depot five gallon buckets 2.54 lowes fivers 2.78
these are bigger than nursery five gallon size

14" deep x 11.25" diameter

get the pretty silver ones they seem lightproof
or ask dad if he likes jimmy johnson (lowes) or joey logano (home depot)

home depot five gallon buckets 2.54 lowes fivers 2.78
these are bigger than nursery five gallon size

14" deep x 11.25" diameter

get the pretty silver ones they seem lightproof
or ask dad if he likes jimmy johnson (lowes) or joey logano (home depot)

Am I not suppose to know those names? Because I dont :) .. The bags I checked out seemed kind of flimsy, like they'd be easy to knock over with a little wind... even with dirt in them I feel like it's just shaped oddly to 'naturally' stand up

Hey Nicole. Something to consider if you are going to go with the pots. Last week I looked on craigslist for 5 gallon nursery pots and came up with multiple places that had them cheap. A landscaper a few miles from me had a mountain of them she was trying to get rid of. I got 45 of the 5 gallon pots for 50 cents each. Other people were selling theirs for $1 each. They are slightly smaller that the typical 5 gallon bucket, but I think they will work fine for me.

Hey Nicole. Something to consider if you are going to go with the pots. Last week I looked on craigslist for 5 gallon nursery pots and came up with multiple places that had them cheap. A landscaper a few miles from me had a mountain of them she was trying to get rid of. I got 45 of the 5 gallon pots for 50 cents each. Other people were selling theirs for $1 each. They are slightly smaller that the typical 5 gallon bucket, but I think they will work fine for me.

Good idea I love craigslist!

There is an Ace Hardware.. I will check them out also to see if the one by me has anything... last time I was there it was pretty lame though

It seems landscaping companies collect them in huge numbers and need to get rid of them or they pile up quickly. I should have taken a picture of the mountain of nursery pots is saw from a small landscaping operation, there were thousands. I also like the idea of recycling by reusing.

I got a bunch today from someone on craigslist, most of them are pretty small.. like the next size (or maybe two sizes up from seedlings which is good because I do need an inbetween size

I am still going to have to hit up the nurseries for them !

Back