pests Quick Update - Won Battle with Aphids/Some Fresh Pickings

So I had a really bad aphid infestation a while back and ended up losing two of my plants.  Ended up using a pyretherins mix I got from a local hydro store and it worked, but messed up a lot of the new growth I had.  Soon after I had a large amount of wasps and bee's on my plants every day and I believe they helped to nearly eliminate the problem.

I picked my first pepper the other day and WOW it was hot.  I'm not sure what's going on with this one, but the plant was supposedly a Carolina Reaper, but I think there may have been some cross-pollination going on since I had a bhut and a scorpion in close proximity.  Seed's were very small and I couldn't harvest any from this pod.  My Bhut plant grew pretty large, but never podded up for some reason.  This was my first season growing and I'm pretty happy with the results I've gotten so far.  Everything was grown in 5 gallon buckets on a 9th floor, south facing balcony.  

Oomt66w.jpg

I58iPKc.jpg

All the pods below are from the same plant.  Can anyone tell me if these are Reapers or did I get something else?  It was my most productive plant and I counted at least 45+ pods on it with more flowers developing everywhere.

ANyiAFa.jpg

kSUeAts.jpg

glFW0Wu.jpg

KkJTPKb.jpg

5Bm9pBJ.jpg

Here are some pods from my scorpion plant.

xKRjMo2.jpg

cARnGHN.jpg

And here is a chocolate hab I left at my parents place which didn't do much, but I visited the other day and saw that it had some pods.  Not bad for a little guy.

S6Oaf9i.jpg

I appreciate all the input and help I received on this forum when I started growing earlier in the season. Cheers!

Jesus Christ that's a shitload of aphids! You need neem mixed with Dr Bonners and a weekly regiment to keep them under control. It's non toxic to bees unlike your current pyretherin setup. Glad you got some fruit out of that hell season :)

Back