Reflective material

I actually usually suggest flat white paint because of the longevity of it.  When I contacted the company to find out how to clean mylar, they told me it couldn't be cleaned without losing it's coating so it's best to replace it.  Flat white paint is 90% reflective, mylar 98% if clean, if you're really looking for every lumen find titanium white paint which is 95%.

I always suggest using some sort of reflective material as a lot of light is lost otherwise, just make sure there's still air circulation.  Like Millworkman I like the insulated sheets with reflective material, cheap easy to hang and move out of the way.  

I also like to use a good solid layer of Kilz in my little cabinets.  It is amazing how much moisture can accumulate inside a 1x1x1 box.  I had mold growing behind the mylar and foam.  Kilz helps keep it at bay.

Maybe not related,but Kilz was Gods gift to painters when I was in that profession.
I don't care what you sprayed it on or how bad the stain was,it sealed it up better than primers,undercoats etc.
Sealed patches etc.
That stuff is or was Bullet proof.

All paints stuck to it too.

I.ve seen guys spray a stuco wall with it and put a brick planter along the wall with soil against the wall with no water damage for years,
Ya a stupid thing to do in the first place since nothing water proofs ANYTHING forever.
It worked as well or better than a ton of other products that are for basements,pools etc.

There are a few products that do exactly what they were designed to do-Marvel mystery oil for old engines,Penetrol for oil based paint etc.
Back then a touch of Benzene made High gloss flow,shine and harden reall nice.
Bezene now is a no no,it has the ability to blend with all kinds of stuff and even return to it's original form.
Not good.
Can make stuff into different mixes of some pretty nasty stuff.
Most stuff I used back then,I suspect don't fit the current regulations and might suck now.
Reformulating screwed up a lot of products.

Kilz is Very good stuff.
I don't know about it now but it came in White Gray or clear.
Clear didn't leave a shiney look like other sealers.
If you hadn't sprayed it yourself when it dried it looked like nothing was sprayed on whatever.
Great stuff.

Back