• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Rymerpt's 2017 place to post stuff

I wanted to just kerp adding onto my 2016 glog,but thought it was best to follow the rules.

This year I'm trying something a bit different. I'm overwintering everything. That's right, no new seeds this year. I now have a tiny greenhouse. In this greenhouse are what I hope will be viable plants for 2017. I have two bells that will be heading into their third season, a couple aji pineapples going for a third sesson, a tepin X lemondrop going for a third season. A reaper, a brown moruga, a peach but, and a couple others. I also have, under the awening and looking good, my two ghosts (in huge pots).

I have found that I do much better with growing in big buckets.

This year the in-ground plot will be for tomatoes and other vegies.

This will give you an idea of the greenhouse space. This pic is from last year:
0515161102-00_zpszg4g53xa.jpg

Here are my ghosts pictured last year:
20160716_194231_resized_zpswb5bcnk3.jpg

Hey Ryme, I just happened upon your profile page today, and saw that you were aboard the USS Midway. Very cool, man. I just took a tour of that ship on vacation in San Diego back in April. My first time aboard an aircraft carrier. It was absolutely fascinating! Talk about tight living quarters, holy crap! ;)

I had a lot more pics, but I think they're on my wife's phone. Either way, we had a blast and can't wait to go back someday

Sooo my season was not bad considering I had very limited plants. My tepinXlemondrop has put out over a hundred nice pods. My two bishops crowns have done ok with a couple dozen each and my two bells have given off about a dozen each. Next season i hope to have a tiller nd grow many plants from seed. Time will tell.

Back