• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Salvaged Seedlings Question

My dad started some bell pepper seedlings. A surprising number of them came up concidering the conditions they were in. Very poor. All were leggy.
He saved about a dozen from one tray (other tray still full) and threw the rest in the trash. I thought "Poor babies" as I pulled a bunch from the can. I went through them all, picked out the ones that still had decent roots and had their second set of leaves. I've got about a dozen of them myself. A lot had damaged roots, but none looked wilted, and the stems felt strong.
I placed them in soil, gave them water with Superthrive in it. They're under my lights in 80F warmth.
Do you think they'll be OK?
Am I officially addicted to growing plants?
or am I just downright looney? :P

Thanks

You just couldn't let the poor things die! I guess I might've done the same.

Just tread them as you would your own seedling you're about to transplant and they should be fine! Your setup sounds good! Good luck saving the babies!!!!

I agree with Chiliac...they will be ok...just a little TLC required...

They are tough, when treated right.
Unfortunatly for my Dad, the dozen or so he transplanted into sterile topsoil are not fairing so well. Wilted, drooping, sad little babies. :(

I may have to help him out or the second set still in the original growing trays will end up the same way.

Back