• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seeds from Dehydrated Pods

I got some dried red thai's from generous member and I tried to germinate them for giggles...

Well, Its 4 days in and out of 10 seeds 5 have germinated!

They were dried in a dehydrator also.

Does this suprise anyone else??

Naw skealo I did 13 habs this year all dehyed and had better than 90% germ.I`m no expert and have had a few here say I was crazy but-Good luck and they`ll work if you spoil them right.have a good one.

Im planning on taking some freeze-dried pods and harvesting the seeds out of them - they might grow. They might not...

Nope doesn't surprise me It really according to how hot they got when they were dehydraded at and how strong the plant is. Mother nature has been growing these for a long time and if I am not mistaken chillies were weeds in the begining

okie joe said:
Nope doesn't surprise me It really according to how hot they got when they were dehydraded at and how strong the plant is. Mother nature has been growing these for a long time and if I am not mistaken chillies were weeds in the begining

Delicious, addictive weeds.

I'm not surprised, it can depend on how they were dehydrated and for how long. I've heard of frozen seeds germinating also.

Back