• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Spicy Dilemma: Seeking Creative Solutions for an Abundance of Super Hot Peppers!

Hello, fellow gardening enthusiasts and spicy food aficionados!

I find myself in a bit of a fiery predicament. My garden has been incredibly generous this season, particularly with its production of super hot peppers. These little heat-packed wonders are nearing fruition, and I've realized there are more than I can possibly use or store.

As much as I enjoy their spicy kick, the sheer quantity is overwhelming! Additionally, I have a new batch of pepper plants eagerly sprouting, and I'm running out of indoor space to nurture them.

The thought of simply discarding these super hots pains me - they've been grown with so much care and attention. However, their intense spiciness makes me hesitant to give them away as gifts; not everyone appreciates that level of heat.

So, I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for ideas! How can I responsibly and creatively use or distribute these extra super hot pepper plants? All suggestions are welcome, whether they're culinary, decorative, or something entirely outside the box.

Looking forward to your fiery ideas!

Hello, fellow gardening enthusiasts and spicy food aficionados!

I find myself in a bit of a fiery predicament. My garden has been incredibly generous this season, particularly with its production of super hot peppers. These little heat-packed wonders are nearing fruition, and I've realized there are more than I can possibly use or store.

As much as I enjoy their spicy kick, the sheer quantity is overwhelming! Additionally, I have a new batch of pepper plants eagerly sprouting, and I'm running out of indoor space to nurture them.

The thought of simply discarding these super hots pains me - they've been grown with so much care and attention. However, their intense spiciness makes me hesitant to give them away as gifts; not everyone appreciates that level of heat.

So, I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for ideas! How can I responsibly and creatively use or distribute these extra super hot pepper plants? All suggestions are welcome, whether they're culinary, decorative, or something entirely outside the box.

Looking forward to your fiery ideas!
Are you wanting to give away pods or plants? If plants, just post them on facebook, craigslist, whatever your local area uses for marketplaces.

You can make SO MUCH POWDER. Or make a pulp and freeze it. But the most important, take pictures, omg.

Last edited:
I am constantly doing a hot sauces. From fermented peppers and from dried, I am just figuring this out, learning on the yt the ways and improvising my own. There is plenty of videos talking about the same problem you have and I just learned about a jelly and jam. I think chilli pepper is some kind of holy vegetable and you can make everything from it. Think about it - all the shapes you can have, all the colors, all the flavors, think of it, there is a chilli whig has it! And you can make a candy or sauce from it. Or stuff it with meat. It's wild.

Can I ask how is the situation managing itself? Don't need to explain yourselve, I am just curious, don't want you to feel threatened by all this jumping on you and screaming PICKS PICKS PICKS PICKSSSSHDDIDJ, I will behave. :woohoo::flamethrower::mouthonfire:

Last edited:
You can donate plants to community gardens. Email the organizer who will help you. You can most likely leave a tray of plants for people to take, and the organizer can send out an email. Of course, wait until spring.

Back