• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Store-bought Pepper... I.D?

Hey guys, so i went to the store and found a couple peppers labelled as "Scotch Bonnet". This one didn't look like any bonnet that ive seen, but i'm still new to I.Ding. It was pretty unusual within the pile of peppers that i found it in, so i was wondering what you guys thought it was.

The 'Stinger' on it was quite pronounced, and made me think scorpion cross, but again i'm not sure.

any ideas?

Also, fyi the taste was quite hot immediately, more numb and tingly than direct burning, but still quite hot. Relatively thin-walled. I'll be planting a couple seeds anyways, but figured it would be nice to get an ID from the original for reference.

Here are a couple pictures

(you may have to click 'refresh' on the page, not sure why but the pic will come up after the refresh)

Thanks guys!

thanks for the replies, i looked up scorpaneros and it does look pretty similar. it's funny what you find at the local grocery store. there were quite a few with this look, but they were mixed in with tons of other things. Are scorpaneros relatively common as a grocery store pepper mix-in? i love the look, but the seeds probably won't grow to type at all, will they?

Back