• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Supposed to be ghost peppers, but.....

My g/f bought me this little "kit" that was supposed to be ghost pepper seeds. It was a metal can, much like a soda can. It has some seeds and media. You started the seeds in the can, which I did. I kept the two strongest plants and have been growing them all summer. I'm finally getting peppers. The plants are side by side and look very similar (but very different from my habanero plants), however the pods are very different. I have not tried the peppers that are likely ghost peppers, but I have tried the others and they are hot, but certainly not ghost pepper hot, unless I have an iron mouth I don't realize it. I've never had a ghost pepper so I can't directly compare, but I'd liken the false ghost pepper to something like a habanero. 

Anyways, I took some pics. You can see the red pods next to some actual habs I picked today, then the first plant compared to the ghost plant.

Red "ghost pepper" pods next to orange habs.

Suspect ghost pepper plant

Ghost pepper plant right next to the above

Yeah, it seemed very hab like...I was pretty sure the second one was a ghost pepper but the first definitely not. They came from the same seed packet which is why I wasn't sure. They're pretty decent little fireballs...I'll have to keep some seeds from them for sure.

Back