• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

The Slap Heard Around The World

Recently I paid a visit to Tijuana Flats in search of something very hot, hotter than what one would find at the hot sauce bar. I live in Florida so there are quite a few Tijuana Flats around. The waitress suggested Smack my Ass and Call Me Sally: The Slap Heard Around The World. Considering this was an extract sauce and the bottle said the heat would "bring me to my knees" I was expecting a brutal sauce. I took a tiny taste and found out sadly this was not the case. Then I just poured it all over my chips.The smell and taste was that of soy sauce, some pepper extract, and molasses, molasses, molasses. This made the sauce far too sweet for my liking which I would not have minded had the sauce been hotter. Believe me I have had quite a few natural, nonextract sauces which had quite a bit more heat to them and a much better flavor. Some people may like this and its not the worst sauce I ever tried, but its still not my cup o' tea. That being said I would like to try, just for the hell of it, the follow up sauce "Going Postal" which Tijuana Flats advertises as being 9 times as hot as Slap. Who knows maybe it will be the extreme sauce that Slap promised to be.

Anyway, till next time.

Mark

Verdict: Heat 7.5/12, Flavor 3.5/10

I have never eaten at a Tijuana Flats... I don't think they have any around here, but it sounds like an interesting place...

If there is a Tijuana Flats close to you , definitely try it. The burritos are good and there are a lot of good sauces (better than this one) that you can buy at a reasonable price and don't have to order online.

Back