• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

There is no way this is a habanero....

Plant purchased as a orange habanero. Took a long time to start putting on pods, but now has almost 100 on it of various shapes and sizes. None of them look remotely close to habs I have seen. Take a look:

SDC10266.jpg

SDC10265.jpg

SDC10264.jpg

What do you guys think?

I had this happen to me, as well. I got an "Orange Habanero" from Lowe's a few months back, and here recently it's finally began blooming. Though, much like you, I've noticed the fruits look more like Bhuts or Fatallis than a normal ol' Habanero. I'll get some pics here at some point, but it's pretty spot on with your's.

Everyone of these I read about makes me smile more. After reading the first two threads about these Bonnie plants, I picked one up from Home Depot. Mine is just starting to flower. Wondering if these "hab" fataliis make it out to California. We'll see.

Now it's like Christmas as I too bought some chili plants from the local Home Depot. Maybe it will sprout the next 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' album??? If it does, I'll rip the thing up by the roots and shove it into my garbage disposal.

Your's look very much so like Fatalii's or Bhut's to me.

I'm still waiting to see what my "world's hottest pepper" turns out to be. so far it looks like it's a hab of some sort no Fatalii look but it's still to early to tell for sure they are still pretty small.

Everyone of these I read about makes me smile more. After reading the first two threads about these Bonnie plants, I picked one up from Home Depot. Mine is just starting to flower. Wondering if these "hab" fataliis make it out to California. We'll see.
It's here in SoCal alright. These are Caribbean reds. Te one on the right looms true. Left is from HD in POWAY
af5b5975.jpg

These ones are from Kmart in west Covina
IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

They were in the 6 pack. And disappointed I returned some of them

After a polite e-mail they replaced my seeds with some carribean red habs. We'll see how they grow next year. Those other have some heat to them and they actually look nice in red. I think they are Hungarian wax:

hunwaxor.jpg

Carbon copy on my orange hab as well. I bought mine at lowes labeled as the "worlds hottest." The pods look exactly like yours. If they are in fact fatalii, this will be the first year in 10 that I do not have an orange hab in my garden.

Back