• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

This Riddle is driving me CRAZY!!!

Okay, I know that going crazy isn't a far step for me but here it is:

"This is going tomake you so MAD! There are three words in the English language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefu8lly, I've given you the third word. What is it?_____gry?"

This riddle has been bugging my for several hours now, so I thought I would share :)

There are a lot of variants of this riddle out there, and this one is slightly different to the ones I'm familiar with, but I think the answer is "three."

Pam said:
There are a lot of variants of this riddle out there, and this one is slightly different to the ones I'm familiar with, but I think the answer is "three."

Now I'm even more lost...threegry???

Don't bother trying to think of words ending in 'gry', it won't give you the answer. Ok there are probably some wierd words ending in 'gry' but this is just a trick question.

mudatvs said:
Now I'm even more lost...threegry???

There is no third word that ends in "gry" in common usage. the riddle is in picking out what word is really asked for, and what part of the riddle is just a distraction.

The "this is going to make you so mad" is an addition to how I have seen this riddle phrased before. Usually it starts at "There are three words..." In that case, the third word in the riddle is "three", and that's what they're asking "What is the third word?" If the first phrase is part of the riddle and not something added by your friend, "going" would be the third word.

Back