• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

To tease or not to tease

So to tease the roots when you transplant or not to tease... Any stage, from seedlings to bigger pots, from bigger pots to even bigger pots, or even the ground.

Discuss. :onfire:

I like to loosen the ball a little bit and spread the middle out --- Something I always did when I landscraping I still do it and no problems for me

Then I tickle them until they pee just like my kids used to :lol: good times:lol:

Same here, I'm just loosening the ball a little (unless it seems in appropriate). I also use a bit of rooting powder when transplanting.

Another advantage of hydro is that roots are already loose/combed out when you transplant......don't have to do anything.

TANGBG3.jpg

I've never loosened the roots but that's more to do with the fact I hate re-potting and doing anything extra is something I've never considered before. Also I'm the clumsiest person ever when I re-pot.

I don't mess with the roots either...

One of the things I have read over and over on different gardening web sites is do not disturb the root ball when transplanting...

Back