• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Tomorrow's secret ingredient is...

I doubt I'll be able to locate any mangos by tomorrow so I'm probably out, but I can't wait to see the entries in this throwdown. Mmmmmm mango! Mmmmmmm booze!

Cool !! Mangoes ... But it's no longer a secret. I like it that TB is out on this one .... and Chief Potawie may not be able to find any ... Just having a little fun there. When are we supposed to prepare these Mango master pieces? My dance card is pretty full with several gigs and my garden but I'd like to join in if I can.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

P. Dreadie,
It usually starts Friday afternoon and we have until Sunday afternoon/evening to post. The Boss should be putting up the rules and the "proof of life" stuff soon.
SL

Thanks salsalady .... If I can cook on Sunday then things should work for me and kill several things. This throw down and cooking for wifey on mother's day !! And that's the only crown that matters .....

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Oh crap Dreadie's got the Caribbean cooking licked, this could be over lol!

yea, Dreadie's gonna bring it, fo'sho!

I have something in mind with mango, chipotle, coconut milk, onion and RUM.

Dang salsalady !! Mangoes , smoked peppers , coconut juice , onions , and RUM ...... That's all my ingredients , that was what I was doing ...

Are we limited to one main ? Or can we enter twice? Wifey's raging on me with several ideas. I told her how to join the group then she could just do what she wants..... but she feels it's much better to stand over my shoulder and make comments or poke me in the back with a finger.

THP ... I'm kinda' off Caribbean treats for now. I'm thinking maybe something a little more Lithuanian.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Dreadie, we do have two things to make, ya know. ;) some are for the entree, some for the drink. Maybe onion and rum in the drink??? Uh.........maybe not! :rofl:

Lithuanian! Now there's an up and coming ethnic food group!

BTW, I went shopping today and WOOHOO! Mangoes were on the super sale! YEAY! 'Course, I overspent what I saved on the mangoes on the meat for the dish. Oh Well, at least it will be a healthy entree. Can't say the same for the drink!

SL

can there be a requirement that after these throw downs the chef has to clean the kitchen and dishes?!? (cough cough JOHNNY cough cough)

xox .. lookin good guys!

Back