• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

in-ground Transplanted to the ground but seem to have stopped growing?

sreinhard88 said:
Pictures of the chickens, then? I like chickens lol
two Blue Sumatra and one white rock.  All 3 just turned one this month
T3DL4Ro.png

Were your plants root bound? My plants were and it took a month for them to start growing again. I didn't loosen up the roots when I transplanted them but should have. I think they would have took off if I did. Try watering them a little heavy. Seems to be helping with my plants.

post-8811-0-91119100-1402272276.jpg

Temps in the 50s at night following heavy daytime rains at 90F were making all the plants suffer here not just peppers. . This past week everything just took off like crazy. I'm thinking root development is related because of how fast everything is bolting now.

Sm1nts2escape said:
Were your plants root bound? My plants were and it took a month for them to start growing again. I didn't loosen up the roots when I transplanted them but should have. I think they would have took off if I did. Try watering them a little heavy. Seems to be helping with my plants.

attachicon.gif
post-8811-0-91119100-1402272276.jpg
I think you nailed it.
Mine seemed to take a month as well before I saw the rate of growth the plants the had exhibited early.
The plants had slow down in their pots and really stalled when they hit the dirt. I also think being root bound was a big factor.  Dry weather  didn't help either.
Next year I'm going to use larger pots, up-pot quicker where needed, time my sowing better, and learn some really good rain dances :dance:   

The heat and humidity this last week put my plants into overdrive.Its heading your way.If you need someone to babysit those birds give me a call.My birds are going to be playing with noodles later today and I always have room for company. :)
View attachment 11882

The temps in our region of the country(especially night temps) start evening out around this time of year. Late June(if your other conditions are right) is usually when the plants go boom. It takes them a bit to get rooted and acclimated to weather fluctuations. Indoors,everything is consistant.

I'm just a noob, but having spent a lot of time reading up on pepper growing (slightly obsessive) I would say that the plants are spreading their root system wide and deep. I guess it makes perfect sense for plants to do that - "ok, this is new. How big is this place? How huge can I let myself get above soil. Let's explore and find out!"

Back