• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Hydroponic

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else is growing butch t with hydro set up these are mine as of today only 4 weeks old

45ca7336.jpg

Thanks for the info. I am running my first set up as a 5 gal recirculating DWC. One 5 gal acts a res and pumps to grow bucket and the grow buckets drains back to res. It is really easy for changing nutes and checking ph and I have designed it to be modular. However,the biggest challenge I am facing is the water temps. I am curious as to if you have any issues maintaining proper water temp and if not how you ensure your res doesn't get to hot.

Currently where I live outside its 16*c so the hottest my tent ever gets is 24*c not only that I run my tent at night when the electricity is cheaper and cooler temps so I keep my house nice and warm as well, but I also run a cool tube so that helps. Might be worth trying that if u haven't or buy a cheap water chillier on eBay.

This is my Hydroponic Trinidad Scorpion.
It has growth flying out of it everywhere!
some kind of tiny bug damaged some leaves, I have have some deformed and holy leaves, but its still easy to see the difference between hydroponic and soil scorpions.
P1020660.jpg

Even the buds on it look a little monsterous compared to my soil scorpions.
P1020656.jpg

This is my Hydroponic Trinidad Scorpion.
It has growth flying out of it everywhere!
some kind of tiny bug damaged some leaves, I have have some deformed and holy leaves, but its still easy to see the difference between hydroponic and soil scorpions.
P1020660.jpg

Even the buds on it look a little monsterous compared to my soil scorpions.
P1020656.jpg

Man. They look crazy good work.
Just wondering do you seem to grow more chilli compared to soil and are they hotter?

I havn't been growing chilis that long but so far with my f1 super chilies the hydroponic ones are much hotter.
but with hydroponic I don't really get the option to water stress them to make them hotter.
I prefer hydroponic because they grow faster, bigger and better and I'd like to think being hydroponic lets them get to their genetic potential.
with soil I never know whats going on. too much water, not enough, too many nutrients or not enough...too much guess work. With hydroponic I know exactly whats going in.

this is one of my hydroponic f1 super chilies.
I'm just guessing but I doubt a soil super chili would make this many pods.
P1020639.jpg

I started growing my own pretty much the same reason where I live we get four seasons every day so that's another reason and the fact that super hits re impossible to find in Australia

What nutrients are you using?

And getting them to their best I agree with that I'm going to get them tested to see how hot they are.

I am growing a TS indoors, kinda regret planting it indoors. It has gotten too tall and wide, topping my growtent almost and going taller up than my growlight reach haha

My other superhots are easy to grow indoors, they don't take too much space. Average around 4 feet tall while the TS is 5 feet 2 inches tall

I am growing a TS indoors, kinda regret planting it indoors. It has gotten too tall and wide, topping my growtent almost and going taller up than my growlight reach haha

My other superhots are easy to grow indoors, they don't take too much space. Average around 4 feet tall while the TS is 5 feet 2 inches tall

Dam now thats tall. How many have you got? How fast can you produce chillies? And how much weight?

I've been thinking of getting my hydro on this season except I only have fluorescent lights. Going to have to wait until spring and there is some more sunshine. Got some TS Butch T seeds that I'm going to use. I'll post some pictures when I get them up and going.

I've been thinking of getting my hydro on this season except I only have fluorescent lights. Going to have to wait until spring and there is some more sunshine. Got some TS Butch T seeds that I'm going to use. I'll post some pictures when I get them up and going.

Sounds good look forward to seeing some pictures

I use Dutch master Advance. I had plenty left over from my hydroponic watermelon and pumpkin season. got 20ltrs all up for $100. and thats 10ltrs grow a and b and 10ltrs flower a and b.

That's an excellent price. Where do you live and where did u get it from

I use Dutch master Advance. I had plenty left over from my hydroponic watermelon and pumpkin season. got 20ltrs all up for $100. and thats 10ltrs grow a and b and 10ltrs flower a and b.

Where do u live? And where did you get it from?

Back