Tune in to hear our very own Jim Duffy talk about his passion.

-PAXP-deijE.gif

Hey friends, tune in here for my pepper project tonight at 7:00 PST (Live Stream May start up to 20 minutes late depending on previously scheduled showings) from the National Heirloom Expo featuring Chile pepper guru Jim Duffy.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhe-test-channel

Duffy was talking about the creator of the butch t scorp name was ed. I though it was butch aka tighb8

You are right, sort of. Butch T discovered the genetic mutation that we now call the trinidad scorpion butch t. It wasn't made precisely. Ed is the guy who created the carolina reaper (though there is controversy over that, this thread is not for the discussion of that drama). Carolina reaper is the hottest by average. at the moment. Supposedly there is a big announcement coming up on thursday (per the facebook page) which makes me suspect a new Guinness record.

:shakes head:

:leaves it alone:

Nope can't. Butch is the creator of the Butch T. Not this Ed guy.

Okay, biting tongue and leaving it alone now.

You are right, sort of. Butch T discovered the genetic mutation that we now call the trinidad scorpion butch t. It wasn't made precisely. Ed is the guy who created the carolina reaper (though there is controversy over that, this thread is not for the discussion of that drama). Carolina reaper is the hottest by average. at the moment. Supposedly there is a big announcement coming up on thursday (per the facebook page) which makes me suspect a new Guinness record.

I didn't know it was a mutation? I thought it was a cross with some sort of cumari. Cumari ou Passarinho or something?

I'm not pm'ing him...haha Not overly concerned about it,just thought you might want to know that it was a possible "natural" cross.

armac - he now has more than one plant, we were talking about the origin. though I can understand your confusion as a result of my use of tense.

Back