lighting Using Grow Lights At Night, When To Pollinate?

I turn my grow lights on downstairs at 3pm every day and cut them off at 5am. This is because I don't want my HPS light on while I'm at work. When would be the best time to pollinate on this weird growing schedule???

Thats a little much as far as light hrs, but if it works best for you then dont change it .
I would hand pollinate around 3:30 pm, I believe early afternoon is when the plants have the most pollen.

Btw. If you ever plan on growing them outside this yr. I highly recommend changing the hps light hrs to something like 7-9am to 5-7pm
To help them adjust to normal outside light hrs and darkness

If it's contained you could use ladybugs I think? Which also eat aphids?
Let those babies frolic in your plants MON!

meinchoh said:
Peppers are self-pollinating  :)

Not really, they are more asexual, but when taken out from mother nature, and you become mother nature indoors, everything needs a little hand

I use a electric toothbrush with a hole drilled in the tip, and a peice of coat hanger glued in, I have read extensively on the subject, , am/pm, before lights go off, after they come on, etc, etc

I have came to the conclusion if there is pollen in there, its not going to matter, I have had several of the same species next to each other, one produces pollen, and the other does not, peppers do what they want, when they want

Now if you want to see something really cool, pollinate in the dark, no fans on, with a toothbrush and flashlight, you can see measurable amounts of pollen just dump out of the flowers, sometimes on the leaves bellow, and when the fans come on it will pollinate the room

Back