• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Valentines Day?

moyboy said:
I got....."It was nice....but not as nice as last year".......Last year was dinner at the top 5 star restaurant in Newcastle at $140 a head, not including drinks or desert......

I went to bed alone after replying to her comment in a non traditional manner....:lol:

Really? I would have said "Well that's where I've booked us a table for next Saturday for a 3 course meal and they had to hold the table with a bank card in case you don't turn up and they'll take the payment for the night from that card too, unfortunately I only had your card details available at the time of booking love.

rainbowberry said:
Really? I would have said "Well that's where I've booked us a table for next Saturday for a 3 course meal and they had to hold the table with a bank card in case you don't turn up and they'll take the payment for the night from that card too, unfortunately I only had your card details available at the time of booking love.

Really? Cause I thought what his wife said was a little cold. If someone spent 4 hours in the kitchen cooking for me, I'd have been far more gracious, and who cares if it didn't turn out perfectly? And if it had been me working for 4 hours in the kitchen, well, somebody would have been walking out of the kitchen wearing that meal.

Pam said:
Really? Cause I thought what his wife said was a little cold. If someone spent 4 hours in the kitchen cooking for me, I'd have been far more gracious, and who cares if it didn't turn out perfectly? And if it had been me working for 4 hours in the kitchen, well, somebody would have been walking out of the kitchen wearing that meal.

That's what he should have said to his other half, his lady owned the card, Moyboy just booked the meal :)

rainbowberry said:
That's what he should have said to his other half, his lady owned the card, Moyboy just booked the meal :)

Ah! I see. That would have been well done.

awe, sounds like noones valentines went to plan... that's why i hate this stupid day, expectations get up there and there's nowhere to go but down. plus, i beleive it's a well documented fact that most women are crazy so adding that is just a recipe for disaster.

rainbowberry said:

Oh, if only I had you on the phone at the time....:)

Actually...on second thought...that wouldn't have looked to good....:lol:

GrumpyBear said:
awe, sounds like noones valentines went to plan... that's why i hate this stupid day, expectations get up there and there's nowhere to go but down. plus, i beleive it's a well documented fact that most women are crazy so adding that is just a recipe for disaster.

I tend to agree...

GrumpyBear said:
I forgot to buy my wife anything for valentines day. I opened the gifts, card........then looked at her like.......Oh........CHIT!!:shocked: It could have been worse:lol: The day still went well and when she was crying in the bathroom.(She's pregnant and moody:shocked:)
I ran up to the store in a hurry and understood my guy tendencies...lol! All better now. Messin up isn't that bad in the long run:hell:

Wild Man Matt said:
Reisling with filet? I hope you are saving it for fish.

Taking my girl out to some place that I have to wear a tie. :rolleyes:

Reisling is her favorite regardless of what the meal is. I know that's not protocol, but it's what she likes.

GrumpyBear said:

Mine actually turned out better than planned. I started dinner and made some shrimp coctails which is all the farther we made it with the meal. We decided to go out for some dancing and drinking instead. This may sound like a normal thing coming from me, but it's actually the first time we've been out like that since last June. She doesn't drink (almost never) anymore. It was a great surprise and dinner was just as good the next day.

Back