• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Ways to get your tolerence up?

start by eatting habs everyday then go up from there, when i started eating superhots i jumped in head first and started with a butch t lol

just eat em with everything ate my first whole Moruga last Saturday waited 6 minutes then washed it down with beer the other three where swimming in milk and ice cream!

Enjoy the flavour of all the chillies/powders/sauces you eat ... the tolerance will follow. I don't see the point in building up a tolerance simply for the sake of it?? What are you actually trying to achieve ?? Tolerance/bravado or enjoyment/tolerance??

Yes, it really is just a time thing. Keep at it, and it will happen. I'll admit, it's a LOT of fun to be a chick and be able to eat things that are hotter than most guys can handle. But my primary focus is flavor, not heat. I mostly dry my pods, so I can easily add enough to get the flavor I want without overdoing the heat - why bother eating something if it's so hot you can't taste it? Yeah, I've done that, but couldn't say I really enjoyed the food. So I can see both sides of the coin, if you will, but primarily have built my tolerance so I can enjoy the flavors.

If your focus right now is pride or bravado, no problem with that, enjoy it for a while. But you'll likely come around to the same conclusion most of us eventually do - heat is fun, but flavor is where it's really at.

Enjoy the flavour of all the chillies/powders/sauces you eat ... the tolerance will follow. I don't see the point in building up a tolerance simply for the sake of it?? What are you actually trying to achieve ?? Tolerance/bravado or enjoyment/tolerance??
i want to build up my tolerence to be able to eat superhots and actually enjoy them instead of just being killed by the heat

Only one way to do that .... eat everything you can that is made from them and fresh pods as often as possible. Build up by eating varieties like bonda ma Jacques, fatalii, Scotch bonnets , Bahamian goat peppers which are just below super hot status and you will soon get the gist of it.

I went off eating chilli for afew years. When I restarted I decided just to buy some birdseye/thai peppers, and eat 1 everyday whole. First one I bit into I spat it back out lol, I ended up just eating a pod bit by bit til I ate the whole pod. After 2 weeks my resistance had increased to the point where eating a birdseye would not make me hiccup. I'm back into my resistance training now eating whole birdseyes (had to buy some), and eating hot chilli sauce (Bought some Skobiyan from hippyseed company). Trying to get ready for my Bih Jolokia, Butch T, and Choc bhuts that I'm growing for the first time this year.

You could always use the Homer Simpson method of pouring molten wax into your mouth.

Yes, it really is just a time thing. Keep at it, and it will happen. I'll admit, it's a LOT of fun to be a chick and be able to eat things that are hotter than most guys can handle. But my primary focus is flavor, not heat. I mostly dry my pods, so I can easily add enough to get the flavor I want without overdoing the heat - why bother eating something if it's so hot you can't taste it? Yeah, I've done that, but couldn't say I really enjoyed the food. So I can see both sides of the coin, if you will, but primarily have built my tolerance so I can enjoy the flavors.

If your focus right now is pride or bravado, no problem with that, enjoy it for a while. But you'll likely come around to the same conclusion most of us eventually do - heat is fun, but flavor is where it's really at.
+1 I completely agree ... to me it's all about the flavor and the heat is secondary, I could care less for the bravado aspect ...

Back