• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

health What am I doing wrong?

I'm growing Vietnamese chilis and white habaneros. All was going well when the leaves on the Vietnamese started turning yellow and drooping down, just generally looking sick. Now the white habanero is starting to yellow. They're in full Southern California sun, I was watering 3-4 times a week and thought maybe I was overwatering. I cut back to twice a week. The plants didn't improve at all, I need suggestions on what to try. Thanks.
http://img136.imageshack.us/i/08162009164.jpg/
http://img136.imageshack.us/i/08162009165.jpg/
08162009164.jpg

08162009165.jpg

Get a small bag of bone meal and sprinkle 2 tablespoon around each plant. You could also try some epson salt either sprayed or spread around plants. Both should help green your plants up.

Hey welcome to the forum. I'm also in OC down in newport and because the weather has been colder for the last 2 weeks except for a few days I've cut back my watering to twice every 10 days for the ones in the ground and once a week for the ones in the pot with mulch on the top. Seems like weather is going cold so make sure you water accordingly. 4 weeks ago I had to water 3 times a week.

LGHT said:
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm also in OC down in newport and because the weather has been colder for the last 2 weeks except for a few days I've cut back my watering to twice every 10 days for the ones in the ground and once a week for the ones in the pot with mulch on the top. Seems like weather is going cold so make sure you water accordingly. 4 weeks ago I had to water 3 times a week.

It's warmer than the devil's crotch here, I have been watering every other day, like clockwork.

To hatrabbit:

Not sure about the first one, but the second one is a Magnesium deficiency it looks like.

Sprinkle a teaspoon of epsom salt (Magnesium sulfate) around the base of the plant and water, then disolve a Tablespoon into a gallon of water and spray the tops and bottoms of the leaves.

It should start to improve in a few days or so.

For me, I'd get some seaweed solution & use that in your watering can. Water only every 3rd or 4th day to get them used to the environment they're in (may have come from a luxury greenhouse plant).

The dirt looks very compact theres probably something you can do about that & the hab looks like it has some ant holes around it so keep a look out for aphids, but the ants may be chewing on any new roots too.

just my $0:02 after a few whiskeys & hey welcome to THP

:cheers:
~bent

Back