• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What are these ants doing to my plant?

QxobP.jpg
ck541.jpg
MV82r.jpg

So I'm out checking my plants today when I notice these ants doing something weird. This is a container plant so I separated it from the others. It looks like they are tending to eggs. Any experts care to chime in on whats happening here? I've noticed the ants in the past but they're outdoor plants that get moved around so I just assumed the ants climbed on. Never noticed these egg looking things before.

Yup,Harvesting aphids like the others said!Hard to tell but kinda looks like scales on the stems as well,Spray em down before they take over kill your plant.

Good Luck,

MR_POTS

Symbiotic relationship dat some ants have with aphids and those look like the ants that do. Read THIS... Kill dem ant fast and find their nest, as it's possible they will also be planting aphid eggs onto your plants. Not sure if this will work with dem but works great for me and it's worth a try. Mix boric acid and honey, place the paste somewhere close to plants (small disposable dish does fine), the ants take honey back to nest to feed queen and each other poof nest soon gone mon :)

Kill kill kill. Put something do ants do start goin to that plant. Be advise to. Check the rest as I'm sure they are on the others or will soon be.

I have a morning vigil that involves inspecting plants for aphids that the ants placed on them over the past day. The ants have me outnumbered.

I have a morning vigil that involves inspecting plants for aphids that the ants placed on them over the past day. The ants have me outnumbered.
You have to kill the ant nest … one low cost way is to send a gift to their nest as I stated in post #8 of boric acid and honey …

Back