health What are these brown spots from?

I always associated brown spots with over-watering, but am thinking something else is happening here:

I last watered this plant 22 days ago.  Granted, I did soak it with 2 gallons of water mixed with a full dose of Cal-Mag Plus, BUT, I only noticed the spots yesterday.  Looking at the spots, especially the big bottom one, instead of a spot, it looks like part of a top layer of leaf skin was peeled away and the brown is the natural color underneath.

What is wrong here?

Looks like a nute burn or from the lights on when watering? Happens to me from time to time no worries unless it gets worse then just flush em good. Happened right after the cal/mag didn't it?

geeme said:
Agree. See the puckering in the two sections to the left of the main vein?

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
Looks like a nute burn or from the lights on when watering? Happens to me from time to time no worries unless it gets worse then just flush em good. Happened right after the cal/mag didn't it?

The lights were on after I watered.  It didn't happen right after the Cal-Mag - It happened 3 weeks after it.

Oh No!  G is picking on me again for over-fertilizing!  I usually deserve it, but c'mon, Cal-Mag Plus is only 2-0-0.  I didn't think a full dose would cause problems.  BUT, it was the first time I fertilized, so maybe I overdid it.  I couldn't help myself - The rate of growth had either stopped, or was so slow that it wasn't possible for a human to notice.  In hindsight, maybe I should have use 1/2 or 1/4 strength.  Yes, I see the leaf puckering.  Funny, before the 2 replies, I was considering another full dose with the next watering, but I probably should go with just water.    The good news is that the Cal-Mag caused a lot of growth.  From experience, I know that the huge bottom leaves will fall off eventually, but this is normal.  I'm waiting for signs of thirst, but don't see any - never went this long (22 days) without watering.

My plants have stuff like these mine were burnt by the sun and also over fertilizing.

I'm amazed at how well the chaps here can read leaves. That's awesome stuff.

Back