• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are these?, Caterpillar Identify, Pepper Udates, Kaiser plants and more :D

OK, A lot of stuff going on but I'll break it down for everyone. First I am going to post a picture of one of the little bastard worms/caterpillars that have been wrecking my pods.
zachary001.jpg

zachary002.jpg

THere it is. I've seen two of them. Lost like 5 pods altogether from various wounds. Lame. But not the end of the world.

Sorry about the blurry photo of the worm, but I think you can get the gist of it. Ok so now I am going to show an update on those beat up "7 pods" I got from the nursery. A before and after.
IMG_1690.jpg

Before
zachary020.jpg

after

Pretty nice recovery if you saw how they were when I got them. :)

No idea about this one. I bought a bunch of pepper plants from a flea market for like .50 cents a piece.
Pepper A
zachary009.jpg

zachary010.jpg

Pepper B
zachary013.jpg

Pepper C
Thought this was a Thai variety but not sure. Maybe a cayenne?
zachary012.jpg

Now for some random pics of my plants. Plants I got from Kaiser(thanks again). Plants I got from Sean a.k.a Hot Pooper.

Dorset Naga from Kaiser :) Recovered great after the transport in 110 degree heat.
zachary006.jpg

Red Savina from Kaiser
zachary005.jpg

Douglah also from Kaiser
zachary007.jpg

I realize that it might be late for pods of these guys but I am willing to give it a shot on overwintering some. I have about 3 more months for my plants to produce. :)

Now for some random pod action. :)
zachary014.jpg

Clump of Yellow Lemon Habs

Huge praying mantis
zachary008.jpg

zachary017.jpg

My biggest bhut at the moment. Pretty sure that's as big as it's going to get. Just gotta wait for the red. :D

Now for some pods on the plants that Sean gave me.
White Hab.
zachary019.jpg

yellow 7 pod
zachary018.jpg

More to come. Forgot to take pics of the others but there it all is for the most part. :)

From the blurry pic it is hard to tell, but it looks to have the right color to be a hornworm.

Plants look good...good luck harvesting the pods Bro :dance:

Thanks. I'll take a less blurry pic tomorrow. I looked at pics of a hornworm but do hornworms eat holes in the pods?

I have had them eat holes in tomatoes... and tear up the leaves. Only had one worm on my peppers and it was a brown caterpillar.

BT=Bacillus thuringiensis works! I bought Caterpillar Killer because that was what was available.

Also they go through a couple stages where they are yellow then white and then become those big green looking critters :eek:

Looks to me like a green armyworm. Them bastards will eat anything. Just spray your plants with an insecticide and that will take care of them. Just use what your comfortable with. Good luck SY!

Charles

Back