• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What are you reading?

you may also like

90ed3c_making-the-modern-world-materials-and-dematerialization-by-vaclav-smil_x678.jpg

Forgot to mention I'm audiobooking the Hellhole series from Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson.  On the third book now and it's pretty good.  Was always a huge fan of Dune by Frank Herbert (and the first movie) who is Brian's father.  Very cool if you dig outer space epic sci fi stuff.

SmokenFire said:
Forgot to mention I'm audiobooking the Hellhole series from Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson.  On the third book now and it's pretty good.  Was always a huge fan of Dune by Frank Herbert (and the first movie) who is Brian's father.  Very cool if you dig outer space epic sci fi stuff.

The Dune series was pretty good but my favorite of all has to be The Foundation series.

One of these days, I'll get around to reading them all again. It has been a while.

oldsalty said:
Davaun Sanders: The Seed Bearing Prince, Stephen king: Doctor Sleep. :)
Awesome love to read!!!!

I just finished Revival by Stephen King a couple months ago.

Well the book I started this thread with wasnt what I thought it was so halfway through I quit it.

Looking for something new to read now.

able eye said:
Got this hardcover sitting here so I'll finally read it. I've read most of this guy's other books.

9780062262981.jpg
Great author!!! able eye have you read any Chuck Palahniuk he wrote the fight club but he's so dark love love love "haunted " this is a must read very dark and really will blow your mind if any readers love a tale that will make you squirm in your seat read haunted!!!! The ultimate test of humanity!!
Also by same author "pygmy " this book rocks about a foreign spies totally warped but another must read!!!

Man I love this post!!!!! Very cool "able eye"

Since my AS diagnosis, I have been reviving my old passion to learn (instead of wasting away playing video games.) I have recently purchased 10 books, which I am juggling... reading each book little by little.

My course load for this "semester":

William Lane Craig-
Reasonable Faith 
On Guard
The Blackwell Companion to Natural Theology

Thomas Merton-
The Seven Storey Mountain

G.K. Chesterton- 
Orthodoxy

Treasury of the True Dharma Eye: Zen Master Dogen's Shobo Genzo
Edited by Kazuaki Tanahashi 

Alfred North Whitehead-
Process and Reality

Ludwig Wittgenstein- 
Major Works: Selected Philosophical Writings

James Joyce-
Finnegan's Wake

Tony Attwood-
The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome

Anyone read Ready Player One?  I just finished it and it was great.  A fast read.  So many 70s/80s references.  The movie kept the same characters and some of the concepts but the storyline was completely changed.

Back