• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What do you do with your hot sauces?

I've been reading the hot sauce sub forum and there are as many recipes out there as there are peppers. I'd like to make one some day, but I don't want to get locked into a one-dish sauce. Do you hot sauce makers make different small batches or do you have a general type of sauce?

I'm thinking a pineapple based sauce would go well with grilled pork...maybe with some apple wood smoke. Maybe an avocado base for some thin beef cuts or chicken breast.

What do you guys do with yours?

Pineapple is definately not a one dish sauce.

In addition to pork you can use it for a beef teriyaki, a marinade for chicken and ham and pineapple is a classic combination. Plus you can use it on rice and grilled vegetables.

One of things that I recently learned from this site was making spicy mayo. Since I usually make my own deli-style sandwich for lunch everyday, I've been messing around making different spicy mayo combinations, and they have all turned out well. Lately I've been using powdered peppers to make it, but it works with hot sauce as well.

I also make alot of Mexican dishes, and I used to only throw peppers in the meat(while cooking) to make it spicy. I burned the wife a few too many times, so now I just use hot sauces on my own stuff.

Back