• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What kind of disease, edema?

Hi everyone,

Just recently put some Trinidad Morugas inside after having too much of a temperature drop. Put them under a 600W HPS system. After a few days I noticed some curling of the leaves and also growths under the leaves. Nothing shows on the top of the leaf (yet). They are also staying on the plant so far - noticed the symptoms a few days ago.

http://imgur.com/a/lwTDV

Googling similar pictures turns up edema results, the plants did have long exposure to outdoor rain (2 weeks on and off) but the ones still outside now (have a control group) are not exhibiting the same symptoms therefore I am unsure.

Plants get water when they feel dry or leaves look droopy - they are currently in fruit maturing stage.

Any other thoughts?

Doesn't really look like edema to me - looks more like something on the surface, possibly a salt build-up. Does it wipe off? With edema the actual cells of the plant become raised and filled with water, so the bumps won't wipe off. 

yup my plants looked like that as well, I also diagnosed it as edema. 

It went away when I put the plants outside - I think it was caused by the soil in the pots being too hot relatively to the air temperature.

Back