• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What on earth is this???

I got this off ebay labeled as a Butch T. (yeah I know...it was before I found this site)
Its producing all kinds of different pods and I can't tell what this sucker is.
First all the pods coming out were pretty small, shiny and dark green and the more that came out the bigger some of them got. So far only the first batch of pods have ripened and they ripened to yellow. I'm wondering now if the second lot of pods are coming out a lighter green weather maybe they'll ripen to a different colour?
P1030228-1.jpg

P1030227-1.jpg

P1030285.jpg

P1030301-1.jpg

P1030299.jpg

Now the pods coming out are lighter green and not as shiny and although its still early days most of them are coming out skinny and looking like these.
P1030300-2.jpg

P1030290.jpg

P1030256.jpg

What on earth do I actually have? so much variation on one plant!

Those shapes aren't really all that different, all look like Caribbean chinense pods of one kind or another. Now if you had some Cayenne looking pods and Bell peppers on the same plant I would be perplexed. I'll bet as the plant matures the pods get more similar in shape.

Those shapes aren't really all that different, all look like Caribbean chinense pods of one kind or another. Now if you had some Cayenne looking pods and Bell peppers on the same plant I would be perplexed. I'll bet as the plant matures the pods get more similar in shape.
ah ok makes sense!
its about 8 months old now and the weather is heating up...all pods so far have been winter pods. Summer should be interesting

So far ripening to yellow/orange colour.
With the new pods coming out at a lighter green, I'm wondering if they'll ripen to a different colour.
From the same seed pack my mates scorpions were ripening to red.

the smaller pods from the first round didn't seem butch t hot to me. I dont think they developed properly My work mate ate the big yellow one fromt he picture above and that knocked his socks off, gave him a head spin and all. I'm waiting for one of my bigger ones from the first round to ripen and I'll be able to answer that properly. Wont be long now, then i'll compare those to the pods growing on it now. The pods coming out now look hotter to me...they look mean!

Back