• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil What type of soil to use?

Hello everyone, I was wondering what type of soil I should use for the seeds that I should be receiving very soon, currently I have miracle grow potting mix, would that work for growing bhut's?

I wouldn't recommend using the Miracle grow potting mix or organic mix, as I learned the hard way there is a high percentage that it contains gnat within the mixtures. I have had great results with the jiffy pucks, but alot of people use different methods. Good luck

I think so but they sell them as a miniature greenhouse setup of 12 pucks i think not sure. I normally buy them at the hydro shop for 10 cents per puck.

Ok thanks, I will see if I can pick some jiffy pucks up tomorrow could I get them at a Lowe's or home depot by any chance?

The big box stores usually sell the pucks within the flat inserts, but they normally don't put out the seed material until after the "Holidays"... :(

But if your in a hurry and haven't a greenhouse or nursery available, shop online....Greenhouse Megastore, Homeharvest, just a few, you pay for the shipping but depending where you live no silly tax...

The big box stores usually sell the pucks within the flat inserts, but they normally don't put out the seed material until after the "Holidays"... :(

I work at a Home Depot and we've had all of our seed stuff in for about two weeks now.

I tried two methods of seed starting, jiffy pucks, and a mixture of half potting soil, half seed starting mix. both worked well for germination although I feel the ones in the soil mix did way better post transplant.

Back