• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Where are they?!

I have been looking everywhere for any hot peppers at my local markets and fruit stands. I found orange habaneros at the ritzy expensive supermarket and that is IT. I went to the local Farmers' Market today and I did not even find a Jalapeno for sale, there was not one single stand with any sort of spicy pepper. I have stopped at about 6 random produce stands only to find Jalapenos and Serranos at one of them.

Where do people buy fresh peppers to cook with?! Is this just my area? I live in central California and I would not expect it to be an area with a lack of peppers.

-Phil

I have been looking everywhere for any hot peppers at my local markets and fruit stands. I found orange habaneros at the ritzy expensive supermarket and that is IT. I went to the local Farmers' Market today and I did not even find a Jalapeno for sale, there was not one single stand with any sort of spicy pepper. I have stopped at about 6 random produce stands only to find Jalapenos and Serranos at one of them.

Where do people buy fresh peppers to cook with?! Is this just my area? I live in central California and I would not expect it to be an area with a lack of peppers.

-Phil

If you're in Fresno, you can check out Vallarta supermarket on Dakota and Cedar. They'll have Habaneros and Manzanos usually. And R&N Market on Cedar and Herndon will usually have Habs and a selection of Asian hot peppers. Nobody short of THP members in the area are growing superhots that I'm aware of. The garden stores aren't even carring seeds or plants. I've got around 20 plants of various pedigrees growing in my back yard, but so far only the Nagabon has set pods in the superhot category. I've got tons of Aji Lemons, Bondas and Peter peppers ripening though.

Seems as if there would be a market there. I bet a stand of super hots at my local Farmer's Market would do very well.

Back