• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun why do my plants wilt so bad in the sun? [help]

i think my plant is still broken because I went outside, removed them from their shade spot, put them in direct sunlight (5PM houston sunlight) and in less than 10 minutes u can see they were trying to wilt again, getting super soft and fragile leaves and starting to get loose (Rightwhen I was watering them nicely)

I just want my plants to grow fast and have peppers already :( , because I left them in their baby pot for too long and they got rootbound, they are growing fast now but I want to make sure I have peppers by august end of august time

So after more reading this seems normal, and that I might need to get a shade cloth. (I live in apartment and this is all on my patio xD

be patient young amirborna...peppers set not pods when hot the weather is, to you peppers come they will, late september, october too...

Like AJ says -- you'll get lots of pods later when the weather is right for them - just be patient and keep the plant healthy and growing and then when the time is right you'll get even more pods from a larger healthy plant that can support them all ! My BHuts (seeds planted Feb 1st) are currently residing under the cover of our front entry way and only getting shade and are growing very well there and finally are looking like they may have some flowers make it to blooming (Up till now the buds were turning black and disappearing before they even started to mature due to the heat -then on a four day rainy spell that moved through had about 50+ buds form on each plant that are still growing ) -- whether they will develop any pods will not be known until it happens but there is still plenty of time even if this round drops off and next round there will be even more buds !!

Here's a pic of the growth so far this year :

Bhutcomp.jpg

And from 3 days ago :

bhut2012001.jpg

Maybe the concrete on your patio is heating them up too much. Try putting the pots on something to get them away from the concrete (wood blocks for example). It could be that TX is just too damn hot right now, heh.

Back