• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Why do you keep torturing yourself?

I'm not sure I classify as a pepperhead yet.....but I think I'm getting there....I'm starting to think my eggs just arent any good without homegrown pepper powder on 'em. The pepper powder goes into, in fact, almost everything I cook, now. I think my favorite one was labeled Thai Trinidad Scorpion. I'm not sure if thats three different peppers in a blend, or one kind of pepper powder. (have to ask my supplier...Patrick?)

Does it count that I cant seem to stop eating wasabi peas? (much to my childrens dismay).

I know what wasabi is -Just wondered how it rated next to peppers.
Just 'cuase, I do that, "oo, my mouth cant take anymore!" ->ten minutes passes< "I want some more (and I may regret this in the morning)"

Problem with Wasabi (and English Mustard) is too much of it goes up the nose. And that's not pleasant in the slightest

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
I don't understand why people get problem at the rear ?

I never had such a problem.

I regularly have issues with what I like to call "chilli follow through", but I do remember one time where I used just a little too much Mad Dog's 357 Collectors Edition that resulted in a burn when doing a number 1's. That was a unique, yet rather concerning experience.

pappywith4 said:
eat 3 -5 7 pods at a time and you will LOL:onfire::onfire:

My tolerance level for hot peppers is pretty high. I eat to enjoy and not to torture myself.

By the way, my daily intake of hot peppers is also pretty good in the sense that I start my breakfast with a spoonful of Naga Chutney pickle, I have either Naga pickle or Thai hot pickle in lunch and same during dinner.

I always eat my potato chips/wafers as evening snack with my Naga Hot sauce.

Never had any problem.Either at top or bottom level.

NJA

I ate 20 habanero poppers once....see Tales From the Loo: When chile's attack! I've repeated that episode several times. I'm almost addicted to the next day ritual as eating them the day before. Me so stupid!

NJA...you sir are on a whole 'nuther level of hotness unknown heretofore to me.

texas blues said:
I ate 20 habanero poppers once....see Tales From the Loo: When chile's attack! I've repeated that episode several times. I'm almost addicted to the next day ritual as eating them the day before. Me so stupid!

NJA...you sir are on a whole 'nuther level of hotness unknown heretofore to me.

texas blues,

The tolerance level is high because, I was born in a chilli pepper wholesale trading market with about 100 and odd chilli shops around my house in Madras south India.

We Indians , usually have very hot food from childhood(as compared to US)

May be this is the reason I am immune to secondery heat...LOL

NJA

So, (forgive my ignorance) if you are immune to the heat, what is the point of eating it three times a day?

LOL, my mother asks me this same question everytime - "Why do you put your tongue through so much suffering? What's the point?"

Some people will never understand the passions of a chilehead. ;)

And its good for ya...if I stop eating hot stuff, I can feel the difference. Keeps me from getting sick it seems too...haven't had a cold/flu in yrs.

Well, they do have more VitC than oranges...and are usually cooked with garlic and stuff too. ;)

All good antioxidents and immune boosters. :woohoo:

JayT said:
Maybe he's related to that girl from India that ate 60 of 'em for the Guinness Book.

Whoa, I almost completely forgot about that! What the hell happened to her? Is she still alive? :mouthonfire:

redeyeguy said:
Whoa, I almost completely forgot about that! What the hell happened to her? Is she still alive? :mouthonfire:

She is hale and healthy like a Bhut eating Mule.
All set to create more records.Her name is ANINDITA

NJA

Back