Why I Hate IPAs

bud-light-drinkability-sm.png

You guys can have your IPAs, I promiss, I won't take any of them from you. I have no interest in drinking my meal. You just can't have a few of those at the game or working around the house, or at a bar with friends and not be full. Not my thing.

Gotrox said:
Central Idaho is "Pacific"?

News to me. :shh:

Gimme a nice, thick, warm stout.

I'm only 50 miles from Oregon (Boise is not central Idaho), but generally ALL of Idaho is considered part of the Pacific Northwest. Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest

PacNWComparison.PNG

Having moved here from Portland this year, I can say this area definitely shares a vibe with Bend and Portland, OR - especially the craft brewers, many of whom have establishments on both sides of the border. We are definitely in the hop-growers-belt.

map_caldwell.gif

Anything around a coors- or bud-light for me tastes best almost slushy-cold. I like it that way, cold and wet, my favorite kind. As for the IPA's, Lager's and Stout's, I call those payday beers because that's the only time I can afford spending more than 12 bucks a cold-pack. Don't like bars so never go there so I'm stuck with what is in the chill boxes at the local stores. Nowadays they're putting a bunch of apple-stuff where the beers usually go. Damn, i gotta learn how to make my own :rolleyes:

Try that(a few) Angry Orchard with some smokin hot tacos
I was encouraged to and definitely surprised by the flavor and kick of that cider swill with a plate of al'Pastor

My bad.

We called it the "inland Empire", not Pacific Northwest.

27 years in Eastern Washington/ Northern Idaho.

Try a bottle of
STONES  " Self Righteous Black IPA " with your next smoked meat battle
Nothing skunky or bitter as the name might suggest,I like it with pork abit better then beef,greatness none the less

I've hated IPA's for years until about 6 months ago when I tried Lagunitas. They have several different IPA's that are really good tasting. I also like stouts and they have one heck of an amazing stout and its 10.2 %. That is an added bonus  :drooling:

I have to agree with muskymojo's cra cra comment but not everyone likes the nectar of the gods.  I know plenty of people who only drink and like certain horse piss.  I can drink that stuff if I have to.  I also love porters and stouts but the hoppier the better.  I find the array of IPAs and the like to be the best styles of beer on the market.  The thought of a dogfish head 90 min IPA, a Russian River Pliney the Elder, or a Surly Furious to name just a few make my mouth water

there not my fav style by any means I like malt so im just the opposite of hoppy but Bells Two Hearted is quite good

Hophead said:
IPA is my favorite style of beer the more IBU and ALC % the better!
hence your username LOL

ajijoe said:
there not my fav style by any means I like malt so im just the opposite of hoppy but Bells Two Hearted is quite good

Bells two hearted is probably the best Ipa hands down. I am suprised that more pepper lovers dont love a bitter beer with the hot stuff, I mean, if I'm nommin on some super friggin hot nachos, I love a bitter beer that ensures full mouth burn.

There are several hundred IPA brews that are not bitter in any way,"hoppy" is not bitterness
Regardless of what you drink while slamming pain pod products the burn will distribute the same

Back