Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
You know that Nee (in a non gay sort of way) but yep my days of nine inches are long gone since my double heart attack.

Oh the memories. LoL

Mezo.

Just did the rounds of the H2O2 and epsom salts!! come on little babies you can do it...

Also got some seeds from Grant, planted them up in jiffys...im going to go the under lights path to get them started...that way i can pinpoint at what time im causing them grief...

Its pouring rain again...and i left my sick overwatered chilli outside for sun..now all it gets is soaked.

Time to repot when i get home

http://www.masters.com.au/product/900007426/amgrow-organic-potting-mix-30l

That is the potting mix I use and its a great mix for moisture retention and drainage in my experience. Not too pricey either plus its organic

Potting up long weekend ahead ... plus grand final Sunday along with all blacks and taranaki and t20 world cup to watch . That's my weekend spoken for :D
How are those jalapeños going milkman??

Yeah, pre bagged organic potting mix is expensive.
I only know of debco, amgro and miracle gro though.
Amgro organix Harry also used and said it was good.
I mainly used Debco organic (about the same price, $11 for 30L), last year, and those plants did way better than regular potting mix. EG I bought a lot of Baileys premium potting mix for $6 per 25L bag. it was just sand and wood chips with a few little plastic synthetic fert capsules. Nothing put in that did well at all.

Recently bought miracle grow organic potting mix as they didn't have any debco or amgro. It's crap, full of sticks, and was sopping wet so probably full of nasties.

I think if you have more than 20 plants, you need to buy by the trailer load, not pre bagged stuff. SO when I pot up in 2 months I definitely will be trying to find good organic potting mix from a soil yard, not by the bag from a garden/hardware store.

I have some miracle grow organic compost i thought it was.

There are a lot of larger pieces in it.

Im going to head up to midvale to get some organic compost/potting mix from the green life soil company.

Yeah, pre bagged organic potting mix is expensive.
I only know of debco, amgro and miracle gro though.
Amgro organix Harry also used and said it was good.
I mainly used Debco organic (about the same price, $11 for 30L), last year, and those plants did way better than regular potting mix. EG I bought a lot of Baileys premium potting mix for $6 per 25L bag. it was just sand and wood chips with a few little plastic synthetic fert capsules. Nothing put in that did well at all.

Recently bought miracle grow organic potting mix as they didn't have any debco or amgro. It's crap, full of sticks, and was sopping wet so probably full of nasties.

I think if you have more than 20 plants, you need to buy by the trailer load, not pre bagged stuff. SO when I pot up in 2 months I definitely will be trying to find good organic potting mix from a soil yard, not by the bag from a garden/hardware store.

I keep a bag of the Amgrow Organix about for various uses. The most recent use was to top up the potting mix of the 45 cm pot of the oldest Rocoto plant. When I potted it up from a 30 cm pot to the 45 cm pot it was filled with Amgrow Organix. The Baccatum plants take off like a rocket in this mix.

I have probably mentioned before that I put down my initial bad experience to the shop not storing their potting mix under cover. My advice to those looking for potting mix is to avoid those stored out in the sun and exposed to rain.

I potted up a Habanero, Fatalii and Not 7pot plant into Debco Propagation Mix last season as an experiment. The plants did well in the mix. It is a coarser mix than the seed raising mix.

Im going to head up to midvale to get some organic compost/potting mix from the green life soil company.

I did just that the other day. The guy recommended the potting mix because I said its going into pots, but because I'm cutting it with perlite amongst other things I probably should have gotten the vegetable concentrate or something like that. It's light and airy and is certified organic but I still pulled out a stick the size of my thumb. Definitely feels better quality that the coles cheap stuff :P It seems to be working so well so far. When all my plants start going into large buckets I'm going to need more so I'll might even get a trailer load if they grow alright in it.

NIce.

After having a chat with sownseeds, the green life soil stuff and some dynamic lifter seems to go gang busters.

Man this rain recently this week.my sick plants i put outside are struggling now cause its so wet and cold ><

I'm worried about the forecast low of 3 tonight and 4 tomorrow night. I've only just potted up and put my seedlings outside and the temp suddenly drops :(

I'm worried about the forecast low of 3 tonight and 4 tomorrow night. I've only just potted up and put my seedlings outside and the temp suddenly drops :(
Yep, it's been up 'n' down here for the past couple of weeks too...luckily i have all mine on castors, as in the last few days we've had 2 degrees / 4 degrees...i just wheeled them into the carport when i see anything below 7, just to be safe. Can't wait until the night-time temps are in the double figures consistently....

I took a punt and populated nearly all my garden beds already last week. We have been getting down to around 3C-4C some mornings, but the plants had been in pots outside for a couple of weeks and looked ok.

I think I previously mentioned that I had some sort of disease or something weird occur in my grow tents. I don't know if it was the soil mix I used, or some bug that had gotten in the tent, but I lopped the top off a whole heap of plants and potted up the plants, and started seeing some new growth. When I get home this weekend, I'll take some pics and show you what I mean, but I've still planted some of the chopped plants in the beds to see what happens given I still have a large volume of plants indoors that I can replace in the beds if they don't make it or take a crapload of time to grow.

Back