• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter time

I have 16 beautiful plants right now but its getting too cold and they are dropping flowers. I have no seeds so I want to continue growing these. Is there any way to store them or do something to them so they will grow next season? ( I have no heaters for them or lights)

Just bring them inside and put them in the sunniest windows you have and try to keep them warm and hopefully they will produce. At the very least they should survive. Just make sure to not overwater them, their needs will be much less.

I have 16 beautiful plants right now but its getting too cold and they are dropping flowers. I have no seeds so I want to continue growing these. Is there any way to store them or do something to them so they will grow next season? ( I have no heaters for them or lights)

like roadhouse said you can stick them next to a window for the winter. If you don't have access to a sunny window large enough for all of them and have no heat/light sources available indoors you may be sol...will just have to get an earlier start next year.

Willard3 +1. I don't considering bringing the plants inside and letting them go dormant to be the same as SOL. If you bring them inside and let them go dormant, next year's crop should be bigger (assuming you don't lose them, as some may be lost even if tended to properly.) TheChileMan.org has a good guide on overwintering, too.

Back