• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

World’s Spiciest Beer To Be Distributed To 7 States - Ghost Face Killah

I ran into this last weekend on a trip to my favorite liquor store. It isn't that good. It's like a mediocre beer laced with peppers. It's not that hot either. I like beer. I like peppers. They just don't go very well together in this case but it does deliver what it promises... hot beer. The only thing I found interesting about it is it offered virtually no mouth burn at all... it was all in the back of the throat regardless of how long I swished it around in my mouth. Slight stomach burn too.

I should mention I prefer dark beers... ports and stouts. If you like light beers you might enjoy it but it's mostly a novelty item imho and I think you could achieve a similar result by eating a hot pepper and washing it down with a Schlitz for about 60% less money.

gfk2_q1elqxcuid.jpg

Woot Woot got my case of Ghost Face Killah Brew today!! Beautiful golden wheat color, has a decent 'peppery' aroma and the taste is first wheat, then a 'peppery mix' and a throat burn..nothing extreme though. It's different than any other beer I've tasted and I like it. Had to go through Beerjobber.com to get it here in TN. They were very fast with the shipping and have awesome customer service/communication....well, for my experience with them.,
GFK11.jpg

GFK8.jpg

GFK6.jpg

Glad you're enjoying it. I was probably a little harsh in my previous post. It's not bad beer, I'm just not a huge fan of golden ale. If you ever get bored enough or need something a little milder Twisted Pine makes another chili beer called Billy's Chilies, which is basically the same beer minus the Jolokia. (It has serrano, habanero, jalapeno, anaheim, and fresno if I remember correctly).

Cheers!

Glad you're enjoying it. I was probably a little harsh in my previous post. It's not bad beer, I'm just not a huge fan of golden ale. If you ever get bored enough or need something a little milder Twisted Pine makes another chili beer called Billy's Chilies, which is basically the same beer minus the Jolokia. (It has serrano, habanero, jalapeno, anaheim, and fresno if I remember correctly).

Cheers!

I didn't read it as harsh, you had valid opinions...and you favor the darker brews :) Yes, I am very interested in that Billy's Chilies brew for sure!! Just wish It was sold in TN..maybe one day..so until then guess it's using Beerjobber.com :)

I didn't read it as harsh, you had valid opinions...and you favor the darker brews :) Yes, I am very interested in that Billy's Chilies brew for sure!! Just wish It was sold in TN..maybe one day..so until then guess it's using Beerjobber.com :)

The Billy's Chile beer is much milder with just a hint of pepper in the back of the throat. It's no where near as spicy as the Ghost Face. I used the last 2 bottles of Billy's (out of a 4 pack) for cooking chili.

The only other chili beers I've tried are Rio Grande's Pancho Verde Chili Cerveza (kind of...yucky imho) and New Belgium's Cocoa Mole, which was pretty interesting. It had hints of cocoa, spice (cinnamon or clove... partner couldn't agree), and a slight pepper finish. It wasn't the kind of beer I'd want to drink all day, but still enjoyable and unique.

Back